WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

hey Luke, dunno if its a good idea or not, but I would love a thread for WA car washes. google search for "car wash" or the like are as useful as fords built in GPS system, so would be cool to have a thread with locations and ppls thoughts on them. I know of a few but sometimes im in different areas... eg, before a cruze.

and :BLKPHN:, re:window tint. check out some of the guys here, like I said, Tom has 20%, I HAD 20% on all windows till I got pulled over for it. 35% is ok, but u can still see through it pretty well. 20 is nice, esp on a black car. Ford glass has a ~3% affect on the tint. eg. 30% tint will become 27%. and as I posted before, its only the front passenger and drivers side that has to be 35% (30%), the rest can leagaly be 20%

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Spoke to the pits, its only rear windows on commercial vehicles. The pit min light transmission is 32% and the cops let you get away with 30%. So if your car has 35% film and the car 4% natural tint the pit will fail u

Edited by arronm

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 5d

hey Luke, dunno if its a good idea or not, but I would love a thread for WA car washes. google search for "car wash" or the like are as useful as fords built in GPS system, so would be cool to have a thread with locations and ppls thoughts on them. I know of a few but sometimes im in different areas... eg, before a cruze.

Dont say I never do anything for you.....

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

yeah, she must be good, she made your car look green... photoshop that in? :roflmbo::fishin:

dont forget ppls, post your local car wash location in the new thread Luke so kindly put up for us

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I actually like my dirty close up a fair bit :) Reminds me of this shot I took ages ago:

Image092crop.jpg

That was after a massive road trip to red dirt roads down south, Margs I think.

• Donating Members

Just had a thought, I'm owed one birthday present, maybe if I wait until November again I can combine the two and get the ZF tune done :turboboink: :turboboink: :turboboink:

Should I get that or tint? hahaha. I think even if you all said tint I'd still want the ZF tune. Keen for Simon to reprogram a few boxes and see the results.

• Member For: 16y 1m 30d

Dude, who's idea was it to run that intake setup that sits behind the bumper? Who's idea was it to drive through a puddle with unknown depth?? Who's idea was it to modify the car to a point that warranty/insurance claims become a nightmare??? I very much doubt it was Belmont Racecourse or your insurance company that recommended any of those things...

I'm all for modding cars to stupid levels if you have the means to do so, as well as the means to maintain & repair them. This was 100% your fault imo & as such, you should neck up & open your wallet :spoton:

No offence intended from any of the above as I don't want to be banned again for stating the obvious.

* Belmont parking staff who assured me it wasn't deep.

* My insurance policy clearly states that all modifications are covered, and when I mentioned to this to the boss, he backed down and said it would be covered.

It is also stated in my terms of employment that we we provided with safe and secure parking, which on this night was Blemont race course controlled be parking attendants. It states that we must park there or face managerial intervention.

To clear up any confusion, they insurance company will cover me once they have pulled the heads off to see if there is actual damage to the rods.

Edited by Grug

• Donating Members

Hey that sounds much better, so they aren't saying no and trying to palm it off then, I did think the insurance company had decided not to pay themselves. Keep up em man! They can get the money from your employer or whoever...but get them to fix up your car faster!

They still suck arse taking this long to check out the engine (again), is it sitting in their inspection lot somewhere?

Oh and Brennan/Annie, any pics of the F6E (F666E) close up? He got a lot of compliments on how fast the car is even though it's stock. Nice to have such a comparatively rare car along.

Edited by -SteveR-