WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 2d

I got mine on Wednesday - How awesome are they!

Have you got Launcher Pro installed? Probably, my most recommended app. I also got Lockbot to get rid of the sh*tty Samsung lock screen and replace it with a swipey one. Not happy that Samsung replace the gingerbread keyboard with their own sh*tty one. I replaced the stock keyboard with gingerbread cos it has auto-correct.

<3 Android - So much better than my iSh*t

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 6m 12d

Anyone know what a secondhand BA turbo is worth. Mate has one he wants to sell but it's noisy so will need a rebuild. Stock gate size with a 12psi actuator. Cheers.

$10000 - $12000 I would say if it needs rebuild

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 6m 12d

lol Seen a few BA's going for $10000-$12000 in the last few months, I know of a BA with 350rwkws big stereom wheels, aftermarket bulge bonnet, built 4spd stallie etc going for $11000 atm....

Edited by RIP_HSV

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 19d

Steve and Tom, I've had my eye on that phone for a month.. what are your thoughts on it?

Did you buy them outright or with a plan? I need it outright so if you own the phone where did you get it through and for what price? I wanna spend some monnneyyyy! Cheers!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I'm on a plan, there's only a couple shops that have the phone in Aus, and only Optus have it on plans so far I think?

It's pretty baller, 1080p video recording man! Doesn't work too well at night into headlights though I have discovered :/ Can't pick a focal length, stays blurry. Normal daytime vids are fantastic, fills my 1080p LED screen on my PC perfectly of course and looks great!

Phone is like $800 outright from online retailers. See whirlpool thread discussing pros and cons of overseas vs Aus buying, some links to shop sites.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1704524

edit: I mainly bought mine for the raw CPU/GPU power under the hood and the fact it's android so can be messed with, since I'm a pretty hardcore geek at times. Will hopefully keep my mobile needs sorted for a few years with no trouble. Boss is paying for monthly price anyway :turboboink:

Edited by -SteveR-

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 19d

Thanks man, did some whirlpool research and bought it outright from telechoice today. Still getting used to it, but its an awesome phone so far :) :) :)

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

Mike, you will get used to it. Andriod is very good as it gives you much more freedom to do what you want. I am not sure what the default Samsung launcher is like on Gingerbread, but do a search for Launchers on Whirlpool and go from there. Good place to start and personalise the look of your phone.

Galaxy S2 looks kick-ass. Unfortunately I have to hang onto my first generation Galaxy S for a few more months before I can upgrade :spoton:

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

Anyone know what a secondhand BA turbo is worth. Mate has one he wants to sell but it's noisy so will need a rebuild. Stock gate size with a 12psi actuator. Cheers.

Toads, if the blades are still ok than a new bearing pack and balance is $800. Hard to say but I recon he might get $350-450 for it considering they are about $1700 brand new.