WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d

I have to fit my autometer gauges in a fpv pod. Think I will have to modify the gauge to get the bezel off though so it fits with the fpv bezel! With the oil pressure, I'm going to find an adapter to use with the factory unit. Not too keen on a sandwich plate. Will get around to this one day!

• Member For: 15y 3m 18d

yea mines due for a service so I figured I may aswell get it done while the oils out but I dont think its going to happen as I have no idea where to get the sandwich plate from or the right one at that lol any one feel free to chime in :dontknow:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d

yea mines due for a service so I figured I may aswell get it done while the oils out but I dont think its going to happen as I have no idea where to get the sandwich plate from or the right one at that lol any one feel free to chime in :dontknow:

Sandwich plate is the easiest option but not sure if its the safest. If you want to go down that path then Pole Position Auto sell them.

VDO 230.032 is the t-piece required to tap into the factory sender.

Some pics here.

www.ozegauge.com.au/docs/oil_pressure_sm_type.doc

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I get oil temp and pressure from sandwich plate. Makes the filter a bit taller of course and the lads at XFT used the old loctite or similar to cover the threads and musta done a good job as it didn't leak :)

I preferred this method to avoid adding extra T pieces and needing to get into the engine bay oil lines and mess about. Think it was Sean at XFT, commented how much easier it was with the addon plate.

Hard part was finding the right plate! Bought the wrong one from Zaff (his suited external filter/cooler). Then Coventrys couldn't find it on the PCs, I had to find the part number and provide it to them.

Sandwich plate is the easiest option but not sure if its the safest. If you want to go down that path then Pole Position Auto sell them.

VDO 230.032 is the t-piece required to tap into the factory sender.

Some pics here.

www.ozegauge.com.au/docs/oil_pressure_sm_type.doc

thanks man ima just do the t/piece as I had oil leaks as they are a royal pain from past experiences in my subi

yea the sandwich plate is the method usually but I only got the 1 sender so I think the tee will do plus I want it done that day not 5months as my mechanic loves ordering the wrong parts lol easier for me to supply it