WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 16y 22d

I've had the Teins on for about a month now and no issues. Stiffened the ride right up and the handling is much, much better. I also went the EDFC controller and glad I did. :)

Didn't change the ride height too much, just a little in the rear.

Height picture

Edited by WARCHILD

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 4d

Ride heigth looks good mate :msm: Erko has a thread on here somewhere detailing ride heights and how they affect the handling, IIRC best handling was around 320 to 325 mm gaurd to centre on the fron and 330 to 335 on the rear (I could be wrong, pulling those number out of the memory bank) and I reckong yours would be just about bang on that hieght!

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

^^ interesting. im definitely going to have to look into getting the perfect height setup for my car... maybe some corner balancing, come time for the track events.

warchild, I found a photo of mine from mid 08 - http://wasuspensions.com.au/gallery/ford/FG_XR8.JPG.php - it looked horrible :( haha

current tein height -- https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196217_10150113704113123_638188122_6766179_7967236_n.jpg

Edited by Tocchi

• Member For: 16y 20d

Anyone out there got a BA 4 speed auto that wants to do me a bit of a favour? I'm chasing a factory ECU map that I need to suck out of another car to get mine running (was manual, now auto), but the one I have in my possession currently is the wrong type. I'm after an ECU that has either 32HD or 32HE 4 digit code on the side of the ECU...

If you have this & want a few beers/bourbons slung your way, call me on 0431 700 570 to discuss! Will not harm/effect your car in any way as I just need to read the strategy using HP Tuners & save it to my laptop :spoton:

Dean.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

the 2nd link is great ! :)

having the nose heavy xr8 the weight % is a tad different, so the swaybars will have a different effect,

but it's a good base to work off :)

still have to get the car on a hoist and see about if I can fit fibreglass/carbon fibre sheeting underneath the car (making a smooth floor/surface) without fouling on the exhaust and so forth

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 4d

the 2nd link is great ! :)

having the nose heavy xr8 the weight % is a tad different, so the swaybars will have a different effect,

but it's a good base to work off :)

still have to get the car on a hoist and see about if I can fit fibreglass/carbon fibre sheeting underneath the car (making a smooth floor/surface) without fouling on the exhaust and so forth

If you could get a b-series Xr8 on a set of scales and compare it to your car some quick maths should sort it!

Any idea what the acutal difference in wieght over the nose of an 8 v a 6 is?

• Member For: 16y 22d

Cheers guys,

That 2nd link is tops. I have the 27mm Front swaybar, but I cannot remember the what size the rear is. Think it is 22mm. May have to go searching for a stock rear bar.

• Member For: 15y 3m 18d

im thinking of lowering mine so ill swap ya if u like with a bit of cash of course

or is that bad I couldnt make sence of it all to tell ya the truth lol

Edited by hiddeous
Quote removed use Add Reply or Quick Reply!!!