WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 5d

BPT really get a bad wrap... ive only been there once cos my car came with a Sniper unit and had been serviced there previously. want to use them cos it will save me a grand in flash unit going elsewhere... but it seems EVERY1 goes to XFT here. im only looking for 330rwkw ish.... (at 280 now, so not a heap to go)

:werd:

• Member For: 17y 3m 12d

Yeah, they cop a lot but most of it is justified.

XFT is a good friend of mine so I am probably Bias. But I have seen so much dodgy work come to Simons place from other shops it aint funny. Some of it makes your jaw drop to the floor.

I know everyone is allowed to make mistakes but in my personel experience (Before I met XFT) and what I have seen, BPT is one of the worst for fixing there own stuff ups.

And I know if your not happy with any upgrades that XFT do he will put it back the way it was and refund ya.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 24d

I had a leaking timing cover once & Simon @ XFT resealed it during a service. When he topped it up with oil again he phoned to say it was still leaking. He resealed it again free of charge (commented at the time that it was unusual that it would still leak as when he reseals them he said he uses a lot of sealant). After that it was still leaking so he investigated closer & found a hairline crack in it.

It could have been a faulty casting or any number of reasons & I expected I'd have to buy a new timing cover. However he had a motor sitting there for his F6 so he took the cover off that & gave it to me (also free of charge). He said that maybe he broke it when he took it off. IMO it could be equally probable that he didn't break it & it was just typical sh*tty Ford build quality, so I wouldn't have expected him to take the blame. A lot of other people would most likely have just made up a bullsh*t story & charged me, even if it was 100% their fault, not just a possibility.

That's pretty good & honest customer service & one of the reasons I won't take my ute anywhere except XFT.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

But interesting was. Emu told me there is no point upgrading the intercooler until I get serious. Thinks a f6 intercooler will do me for 330rwkw Once I start doing things like the intake plenum it would be worth getting a big plazman one then.

1) Repeatability

2) Reliability

Both are improved with a better cooler. Less boost needs to be produced at the turbo side as there is less pressure drop when the air passes through the top end coolers. Heat soak is a killer unless it's 8° outside, so you will get your 300rwkw for one run and then it'll drop off noticeably while it cools down.

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Na Simons a crap tuner.........take it somewhere else...... :stirthepot:

But on a serious note if cash is a prob look into purchasing GOOD 2nd hand gear...you will be surprised how many ppl have put performance parts on their rides only to decide in a short space of time they want more HP...there are some bargains to be had if your paitent...

My two cents

Edited by chippa

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Nizpro cooler for $700? Yes please.

(Shame I had to pay $250+ $160 shipping for the bloody piping later on...stock crossover FTL)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 5d

Well I spoke to Simon today.

He did give me some good advice and the other advice was just conflicting with other tunes advice. My opinion is... I believe what Simon says as he has a massive reputation and has no need to lie to get work.

He did tell me the f6 intercooler will suffer from heat stroke in summer but at this time of the year is fine for what I want.

He told me for $2400 I will have 100 pound injectors and the tune done. And for a extra 300 he would fit a whole xforce exhaust im looking at buying. To me... Sounds like a top price.

Is there any after market intercoolers I can get with out having to get a tune straight up?

Chippa. I do have the patients for now and that's a good idea :)

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Mate I spent about 18 months on a tune only from Simon while I saved up for all my bits and pieces its a good way to go...100lbs?? I must be out of the loop haha if your chasing low to mid 300's go for flow matched 60lbs unless theres new and improved....

Heat Stroke hahaha never had it before :stirthepot:

Good luck

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 23d

Hey lazy. Do your homework. Also you are on a forum and there is only one sponsor from wa on here with nothing but good comments about them. Do you think that there is going to be bad things about them.

By no means am I saying that xft are bad or anything, I'm talking about all sponsors on all forums.