WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 17d

Went to the Plex tonight, best I could manage on my street tyres was a 12.000 @ 195kph with a 2.0 60' time.

I got my official warning that I need a 4 point harness, so that's the last time I'll be going down there without all the other bits and pieces (tailshaft loop..etc).

• Member For: 17y 9m 1d

Hey G'day Mike, what's the deal with a 12 flat?

You were running faster than that at the track day when I was there and it was a warmish day.....

How many runs did you get in?

:beerchug: Brendan

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 17d

Brendan last night was on street tyres, the track day was on MT ET Street slicks :)

I got about 11 passes last night, barely anyone was there.

I couldn't get under a 2.0 60' time last night. The track was so slippery, I really miss not using slicks on the track.

I got my official warning last night too, I can't go back till I have all the right gear fitted to my car.

Edited by XF Falcon

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 1d

The double sided piece of paper?

I wish I could head down there just for fun but need the same now of course. Funny that they gave it to you though when you didn't break into 11's, isn't that the rule? Maybe 120mph is also the same trigger.

11 runs!!! f*ck, the most I ever got was 5. I do get in late though.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 23d

What's involved in hiring out the plex for private use on a Saturday? With enough people it wouldn't be expensive & you don't need to worry about the 11 second rule. Failing that just put up some barriers on Roe Highway @ 1:00am :yahoo:

BTW looks like the Nizpro forum has shut down. It's been dead for the last few months. Wonder if they'll become a sponsor here or if they are going to start it up again later. http://forums.nizpro.com.au/

Guest newl
  • Guests

Dont think so Newl, It been living at GG during the day since Ben sold it.

Has it still got the red tint?

Can't say as I noticed any red tint, no. At least nothing stood out on the rear window. I'll pay attention next time I see it.

• Member For: 17y 9m 1d

Fair call mate. I thought you also had some runs that day with your street tyres.

11 runs is good. Did anyone take any pics of pre start skids?

TurboFG, from what I hear it is quite expensive to hire the track. Give Simon from Xtreme Ford Tuning a call as he has hired it a few times.

• Member For: 17y 4m 8d

I ran 125.7mph last night but only a 12.5 but I didnt get a warning, so it must be a combination of mph plus the fact he was pretty close to 11's all night I guess?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 23d

They should change the rule to 10s instead, especially for new cars anyway. It's been in place for ages & cars are much safer now. Motor magazine did an article with a Porsche 911 turbo where they got booted because they ran into 10s stock & it had no roll cage etc. It's one of the best handling cars around - surely it couldn't be unsafe. I reckon ANDRA is a bit too nanny.

Put bigger barriers up & if people want to crash & blow up it adds entertainment for the crowd. :stirthepot:

• Member For: 17y 4m 8d

yeah I agree, I dont know why they hate on cars so much either... they check your helmet and wrist band EVERY run... yet when its time for the bikes all 30 of them just go straight to the lanes... bit more important for a bike helmet to be on securley I would have thougt...