WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 16y 20d

Well done Justin... It's about time :spoton:

Cheers mate, can't believe I waited so long!

Question people:

I'm looking into getting my suspension upgraded soon. I'm leaning towards the Tein Coilover setup, but am also considering going the Kings Springs and Bilstein Shocks setup.

Looking at doing more track work hence the Tein's.

Opinion's???

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Cheers mate, can't believe I waited so long!

Question people:

I'm looking into getting my suspension upgraded soon. I'm leaning towards the Tein Coilover setup, but am also considering going the Kings Springs and Bilstein Shocks setup.

Looking at doing more track work hence the Tein's.

Opinion's???

I will have the nizpro car soon , come for a spin, it has tein and then make up your mind.

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d

08s are street tyres, R888s are R-comps, pricey ones at that.

R888s not good for street unless you like 5,000km out of a set of tyres

R888's will get you between 5 and 7,000kms yes, but the grip level stays consistant that whole time where an AD08 or even an R1R will markedly drop off after 50% life. As an example my AU has had the 295/30/19 R888's on there for just over 5,000kms now and has almost 2mm usable left on them (2.9mm tread total) So I'm banking on between 7 and 8 thousand clicks. That car has never seen less than 503rwkw and up to 588rwkw and has run some passes at the drags and many dyno runs on them (R888+Dyno roller serations = hurts)

Over to R1R, an awesome tyre, I removed them at 9800kms with 1.9mm left on them (total) but the R1R tread pattern starts to appear bald in the centre section at this point. This is on the twin turbo FG with between 430 and 540 rwkw. After 6,000kms the R1R's lost 15-20% grip and after ~8500kms another 10% I reckon..... I fitted new ones and the car would stick 430 rwkw all the time (including the 1-2 shift on the built ZF) and 500rwkw once in second gear. To give you an idea on more power, with 25 psi Methanol tune @ 613rwkw the FG would wheelspin at 150 in 3rd and major blacktrak at 180+ in 4th..... scaryness that an R888 never passes on.

AD08's I havent bothered owning (I am a Toyo man) but after seeing Ramons dismal review I would stick to either R888 or R1R depending on size an fitment options.

As far as cost goes, we do get stung on R888 prices here in AUS but I'm looking into some parallel import options ATM.

In summary, R888's are the ultimate street legal rubber bar none (Now that RA1's are no more locally) while R1R is an awesome compromise with price in mind.

Daniel

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 23d

That's helpful to know then I think I'll give some a shot when the ADO8's have died a smokey death. In 295/30/19 the ADO8's are about $800 & the R888's are about $970 so they are not a great deal more expensive. The amount of extra fun you get when you can actually put the power down makes it well worth the $$$ anyway. I mean, MAXXIS are fun too but they only last 2000km... :innocent:

If you can ever get R888's cheap I'll be in the market for some.

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d

That's helpful to know then I think I'll give some a shot when the ADO8's have died a smokey death. In 295/30/19 the ADO8's are about $800 & the R888's are about $970 so they are not a great deal more expensive. The amount of extra fun you get when you can actually put the power down makes it well worth the $$$ anyway. I mean, MAXXIS are fun too but they only last 2000km... :innocent:

If you can ever get R888's cheap I'll be in the market for some.

I can get the R888 295/30/19's out of the east for about 700 inclusive of GST plus freight... I reckon they are parallel imports.

Having said that I have seen them advertised in the US for A LOT less than that, the fella wont ship to AUS direct but I'm currently trying to get him to ship via a US address. If these come off I'll be looking between 500 and 600 AUD landed.

Keep you in mind.

Daniel

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 4d

To give you an idea on more power, with 25 psi Methanol tune @ 613rwkw the FG would wheelspin at 150 in 3rd and major blacktrak at 180+ in 4th..... scaryness that an R888 never passes on.

:shocked::pooh:

Tryed Nitto's?