WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3d

For anyone interested... Kuhmo KU31 in 245/35r19 are $220ea.

Tyrepower Mandurah is where you need to go... Take your kneepads :spoton:

What about 245/40R18?

Don't run oil at all & then you don't have to worry about it spraying everywhere :idunno:

Degreaser would be even better, it would clean everything when it does spray :spoton:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Mercedes E55 AMG. 5.5ltr supercharged.

What colour and what year mofo?!?!?! Pics or ban.

Never mind, looking at AL thread :)

Edited by -SteveR-

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Nope. Ford reckons it's probably pistons/piston rings. They want to tear down the engine to have a look, which means I'll be paying a grand before I even know whats really wrong with it. Had it compression tested at XFT and Simon said he doubts it as the compression test came out fine. So.... not really sure what now, going to have the O-rings replaced on the dipstick and hope that sorts the problem.

Have you checked your PCV valve, if it is leaking past it will pressurize the crankcase on boost.

Cable tie the dipstick in , in the interim. You more than likely have a crankcase breathing issue but you also may make broken rings or piston damage.

Edited by arronm

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Orange B series turbs on Leach Hwy turning off South to North Lake Rd this arvo. Despoilered but with little stoppers in the holes. Just noticed his mud spats seem to ruin the look more than mine, must be due to aftermarket rims. Does anyone drive on loose gravel roads with no mud spats? I worry I'll get big scratches up the sides.

IMG_0170.jpg

• Member For: 16y 1m 27d

Have you checked your PCV valve, if it is leaking past it will pressurize the crankcase on boost.

Cable tie the dipstick in , in the interim. You more than likely have a crankcase breathing issue but you also may make broken rings or piston damage.

It hasn't happened again since, doesn't happen with everyday driving so no need for cable tie :P Getting crankcase pressure tested at XFT asap.

Guest Slash
  • Guests

Just replace the PCV valve with one off a mates car to see if that fixes the issue.

It's the little elbow fitting that sits at the rear/top of your rocker cover :spoton:

On that note, anyone have a spare PCV Valve floating around? Snapped mine when fitting new engine last weekend :crybaby: