WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Sound seems to have subsided. Going into XFT this arvo to have it looked at, if its rooted I'll take it home and park it up till I can have the required work done on it. When they replaced my Turbo they told me it had a 12 month warranty through Garret, so doesn't really matter what I've done to my car, if it has been less than 12 months and the turbo is f*cked, then it will be covered... I hope :P

Edited by Grug

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Sound seems to have subsided. Going into XFT this arvo to have it looked at, if its rooted I'll take it home and park it up till I can have the required work done on it. When they replaced my Turbo they told me it had a 12 month warranty through Garret, so doesn't really matter what I've done to my car, if it has been less than 12 months and the turbo is f*cked, then it will be covered... I hope :P

There will be NO warranty if the turbo isnt getting OIL.

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Soooo, I think I may be a bit of a dumbass. Went to see Simon today, blades are fine, no shaft movement, only thing was there was a little bit of excess oil in the turbo, so engine probably breathing a bit more oil than it should be. Going to go in on Monday and suss out exactly what they did when they replaced the Turbo. Simon also seems to think they gave me a rebuilt turbo rather than a brand new one, so I'm going to be querying them about that considering I paid for a brand new one. On the way home, noticed the same noise come back that I thought was the turbo on Tuesday night... Turns out it was just my Fuel Pump deciding to be really noisy (like it does every now and then)... and now I feel like a dumbass. :D See you all at the cruise tomorrow arvo.

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 3d

well Grug, it could be worse, u could have needed a new turbo... beter to ask a dumbass question then make a dumbass mistake :)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Soooo, I think I may be a bit of a dumbass. Went to see Simon today, blades are fine, no shaft movement, only thing was there was a little bit of excess oil in the turbo, so engine probably breathing a bit more oil than it should be. Going to go in on Monday and suss out exactly what they did when they replaced the Turbo. Simon also seems to think they gave me a rebuilt turbo rather than a brand new one, so I'm going to be querying them about that considering I paid for a brand new one. On the way home, noticed the same noise come back that I thought was the turbo on Tuesday night... Turns out it was just my Fuel Pump deciding to be really noisy (like it does every now and then)... and now I feel like a dumbass. :D See you all at the cruise tomorrow arvo.

Iam stoked for you. Its time to fit a catch can then. See u on the cruise.