WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 2d

im picking up a pair of 275-30-20 YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 for my ute next week... think the 1's u are looking at are a little more preformance based though...

and how come no1 eva spots me? or is it cos its so stealthy :yes-sir: ... or cos I live in the middle of nowhere... though im moving to Morley area in the coming weeks so maybe then

Where do you live? an probly because u dnt have custom plates.. onyl way to spot ya is your wheels!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

+1 for leaving my boot loaded with work gear/tools to help with traction! Being lazy has advantages.

Cruise could meet at 2pm if that still suits everyone. Time can be discussed in the cruise thread in the days leading up to it to fit people in somewhat.

As for tyres discussion (from cruise thread) Mat has some words to say about the KU36's, Dean too I think. Seems to be a love or hate tyre. Not sure I'd like the gamble!

Edited by -SteveR-

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 22d

Anyone tried Yokohama Advan AD08's before? They are meant to be hell grippy, and are available in 275/30/R19's.

http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=208

I've got 245/35/19s of them on the front & 295/30/19s on the back. Very expensive but very very good. They grip like a cat on carpet in the dry & are even good in the wet. I think the only place you can get them from in WA is Wheels World Ossie Park.

I'll be getting my next set of rears off www.tirerack.com (almost half price) & just get some Bridgestone Adrenalines or something for the front from a local dealer.

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 3d

Where do you live? an probly because u dnt have custom plates.. onyl way to spot ya is your wheels!

Was in Tapping... But yeah, moving next week. And working in custom plates. Was gonna get knight rider (NITERDR) but think im just gonna go for KRAZYF6 now.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Bit off topic, but does anyone use the exhaust that XFT offers in it's tuning packages? How much louder is it than stock? Any droning or anything like that?

Full stainless twin 3" manta full exhaust has a good reputation. I run the smaller 2x2.5" in mild as I'm a tight ass... it does the job but the note needs improving, drones badly from time to time. Save for the twin 3 if you want higher power as well!

Guest Slash
  • Guests

Bit off topic, but does anyone use the exhaust that XFT offers in it's tuning packages? How much louder is it than stock? Any droning or anything like that?

Not 100% sure what Simon uses nowadays, but pretty sure it's either the Manta Twin 3" getup with 4" dump pipe & twin 3.5" cats or the SMB 4" dump pipe, SMB 5" cat & XFT adaptor pipe to suit.

Either option is a great exhaust & give a much beefier/louder note than stock, while keeping it sounding nice & non-droney (if that's a word :blush: )...

Slash, how are the Toyos for road noise compared to the stock tyre?

Brilliant!

T1R's are slightly noisier than the R1R, but both are quieter than the Dunlops from memory... Haven't run Dunlops for a long time though.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Not 100% sure what Simon uses nowadays, but pretty sure it's either the Manta Twin 3" getup with 4" dump pipe & twin 3.5" cats or the SMB 4" dump pipe, SMB 5" cat & XFT adaptor pipe to suit.

Either option is a great exhaust & give a much beefier/louder note than stock, while keeping it sounding nice & non-droney (if that's a word :blush: )...

Nizpro 4" as well. The Manta is over $3000 I think.