WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

My economy is 20 L/100km's on straight e85 also but I rarely actually cruise in the car and because I don't drive it alot the cold starts chew fuel. WRXRW after your next drive can you put your hand on the plenum and let me know what the temp is like. With unleaded mine gets real hot but I noticed last night that the plenum was cool (I mean not even warm!) I have a thermal imaging camera so will take some shots next time I go for a drive. It definately has terrible economy and costs a bucket but the car runs so nice on the stuff and makes good, safe power :-)

Took some thermal images over the weekend after some enthusiastic driving and the plenum still gets bloody hot!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

I bet you say that to all the girls.

• Member For: 13y 10m 9d

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hi SteveR - No - didn't get the scuff plates with the car, however saw them on ebay for $66.95 Incl Shipping throughout Australia which is not much better than the trade price of $75.40 from the dealer direct. Did you end up with an FG?

Spotted Silver XR6T with the standard XR6 non turbo rims, parked at Cockburn Gateway SHopping centre today at 12noonish, balck private plates,

I XR6 I

Did the earlier models of the XR6T come out with the NA wheels for a short period?

Also, is anyone else getting pissed at how slow freeway driving in Perth is becoming, even in off peak?? Or is it just the T wants to play faster..

G.

• Donating Members

Check my sig for my car :)

You must be talking about FG's with the turbo/NA rims...I assume the T's came with 19's in FG range and the NA they got 18's standard?

As for 100 zones...my least favourite is the Leach to Tonkin right hand turn. It's a 100 zone soon after but everyone loves to drive at 80 all the way past the Roe Hwy turn off...so you get people overtaking in the right hand lane and trying to cut back in to already condensed traffic... arg!

Also....got a Distinction mark for my final ever unit of my uni degree.. FARK YEAH

CELEBRATORY SKIDS!!!!

1509164_600.gifS197_Mustang_Burnout.gif

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members

Thanks, only took me 9 years. :roflmbo: Avg grade isn't so crash hot though, lots of credits (60-70%) and a fair few fails/withdrawns too. At least I finished the thing as it looks good on paper.

See you all at AL this Friday...lemme know if you're going as well so we can meet up.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 16y 19d

Freeway driving has gone soft in Perth... drives me crazy!

I L O V E passing people in the left hand lane cause they want to go slower than the speed limit in the right lane... It's a bloody WA thing, never had issues when I lived over east.. Why have the police stopped POLICING that road rule?

Keen for cruisies too.. Pencil me in, I'll show if I'm rostered off work :spoton:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 21d

Yeah the drivers here in WA are about the most arrogant in the world. They'll happily sit in the right hand lane next to a truck doing 20 under then they get all upset when you sit a foot off their bumper with the high beam on. :bopp:

They need to do a few months in Italy or Germany. Their overtaking lane is the left lane & drivers come thru at 200km/h plus & just assume you are going to pull over. The accident rate is higer but it's more dickheads getting killed than courteous drivers so it's a good elimination system. :buttrock:

Guest newl
  • Guests

<mini rant>

One stretch that bugs me is on Gnangara between Alexander and the water pumping station on the north side half way between Beechborough Rd.

Knuckle heads do 70-80 in the 90 in that run. Once they hit the water station, they MIGHT hit 90.

At least that is the only terrible portion of my daily run that I have to deal with. Most everything else is pretty cruisey, sans perhaps the new portion of Reid where nuggets like to sit in the right lane.

Perhaps one of these days people would actually READ and UNDERSTAND the road rules, in particular Keep left when 80KM/h or greater on a dual lane carriage way or where marked (e.g. passing zones).

</mini rant>