WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d

Maybe your gauge isnt inaccurate. Before I had my turbo modified on cold nights I saw 25psi. My full NIZPRO exhaust is SWEET no DRONE. And it sounds AWESOME.

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 15d

Where does the overboost valve fit in? Somewhere before the throttle body obviously, but on a car like mine fitted with aftermarket plenum and pipework, would you just get a fitting welded onto one of the pipes after the intercooler and fit the valve on there?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Simon ran it up on the dyno the day before I ran the 11.9, the dyno readout was 17.xxPSI when the gauge was at like 23 or something. Definitely over reads!

Exhaust was a rash decision unfortunately but I still enjoy the sound above 2K RPM :) Oh and at low idling style driving, it's meaty but not overly loud. Flows enough for me too and I love the tips!

Overboost valve can be hidden down at cold side area I think? I asked the question but forgot exactly where. Mad skillz.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d

Where does the overboost valve fit in? Somewhere before the throttle body obviously, but on a car like mine fitted with aftermarket plenum and pipework, would you just get a fitting welded onto one of the pipes after the intercooler and fit the valve on there?

Mine is just before the nizpro plenum on the cold side. It goes inline in the soft pipework. Its an X style , intake in and out, over boost on one side and blow off valve on the other. Simon made up a real neat fitting which sits near my nizpro battery relocation. Iam thinking of fitting a cover so if the cops look under my bonnet they wont see it. I dont feel like standing on the side of the road trying to explain to our highly intelligent law enforcement the difference between a valve that works with the throttle open. Officer- So its a blow off valve. No, its a overboost safety valve. Officer- Yeh that's what I said a blow off valve. No, a blow off valve works when the throttle valve is closed and an overboost valve works with the throttle open. I can see a blank look on the officers face and hear the gears in his head whirring away. Officer thinks too himself - I have no idea what he is talking about, so as not to look stupid I'LL look at something else say it looks dodgy and sticker his car. So its going to be hidden.

Edited by arronm

• Donating Members

+1 - I was asking if it could be made less visible than the first example I saw which was on the silver XR6T I think. Me rikey stock rooks.

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 11d

+1 for stock look less hassles for time being....I'll have to drop in and see Simon I think and see where they can be placed on factory pipe setup....Thx for replies guys

• Donating Members

Spotto an XR50th on GEH today, said he's on the forum here already!

Phone035-1.jpg