WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 14d

Seriously guys and I don't mean to offend, but if your after great fuel economy go buy a prius.

I cant remember the last time (well I can, it was when the old man followed me down to the drags)that I cared or noticed my fuel economy. Our cars are made, especially when modded to go and drive fast. To drive fast, it takes fuel and lots of it. I enjoy watching my instant fuel reading going to 99.9 when I'm smashing it and I tell my friends to watch the display when doing so.

I say, fuel economy is for tree huggers.

I hear ya, but there are times when bogans need good economy! Bathurst for example lol. But seriously when I drive up north (towing esp) and need the economy to get between fuel stations (not all have 98ron)...it's helps to know what the limits are and that was my primary reason for testing and trying to get good economy. I learnt a lot from it too.

But yeah normally I run ethanol blends so my fuel economy is nothing short of $hithouse and even though I'm an enviro by trade I don't care for economy on a day-to-day basis....I ride my pushy instead (economy is ~1 cheeseburger per 20km's lol) and flog the car on weekends :-)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 28d

1 cheeseburger per 20ks is ok, I guess it's just methane pollution to make the meat and on the way out again, lol!

Retune on thursday now that I have the nizzy boost sensor fitting...are there any car hire shops near XFT? Or someone care to led me theirs :ermm:

Edited by tab

• Member For: 16y 2m 30d

NEEDS HELP!!!

had a rebuild on my car about 2 months ago all got sorted out and car was runing fine.. guy told me I need a service on my turbo.. so I thort well car just had a rebuild nothing should go wrong.. I was very wrong.. I got a turbo filter and did the service myself.. the car has since blown a conrod out the side of the block... I need a recipt from a machanics saying that the turbo service was done from them... they wont trace it back I just need evidence that it has been done... ifanyone can help contact me 0433488694... there will be cash involved for your help.. cheers guys

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 30d

1 cheeseburger per 20ks is ok, I guess it's just methane pollution to make the meat and on the way out again, lol!

Retune on thursday now that I have the nizzy boost sensor fitting...are there any car hire shops near XFT? Or someone care to led me theirs :roflmbo:

just grab kaels car keys while your there..

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 24d

I'd rather walk than drive it in it's current state, farking filthy!! :freak:'s

Steve, I had to be actually in Mandurah before the first train was due to run (shutdown) so it was COLD. Was before the new part of the freeway was open too, so it wasn't exactly smooth sailing the whole way.

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m

Steve don't remind me about my car at the moment. Massive negative patch surrounding it at the moment. Was considering selling it :buttrock: but decided to hang in :roflmbo:

With any luck the new rebuilt trans with the stronger input shaft will hold it together! :freak: Big thanks to Simon at XFT for sorting it out for me even though he was extremely busy.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 28d

Oh yeah, I think I caught a glimpse of that. Looking forward, new mods will be tough!!

Poor Simon, fitting me in at short notice for a tune and it turned out I didn't event have all the parts yet...now the final tune to go on and he's still under the pump! Workaholic :spoton:

• Member For: 15y 11m 23d

Hey guys... planning to hit the drags soon so wanna get some pointers on take off's without heavily breaking traction in first before gearchange to second. Run alot less power than most of you guys so imagine you have your takeoffs sorted. I try and get it off the mark kinda easy then get into it which is when tyres start to fry! Or is it better stalling and keeping a more consistent throttle position through first then get more into it once in second? But then alot of you run the 6 spds rather than the BTR so maybe its different. Also I find the changes alot firmer in manual sports mode so that's how I plan to run it.

Also will I find the strip has alot better grip than the road?

Sorry for the stupid questions but first timer so any tips / pointers would be great.

Please Note: All above mentioned driving practices are done on private roads :spoton:

Cheers

Richard