WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 17y 3m 7d

Guys this stuff is just the best sh*t I have ever used. Unique Detail Solutions

Quick polish by hand, clay bar, wash off residue with Prepsol and then apply the 15mils of Nano Tech stuff.. Beautiful!

I have done my Bionic Turbo sedan. Very nice deep shine and after a week of rain its still 90% clean and shiny. I took it through a brushless car wash the first week I had it polished. A quick dry off with a microfibre and she was looking sweet again. Nothing Sticks to it, bird crap just wipes straight of, and the water beads are a beautiful thing

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Yeah I wish I had the stuff Mat posted the video of. I got my NXT for half price as a present on the spot so can't complain, but then I saw the vid and now I want the expensive stuff :) Waxit is all over every forum so must be good to deal with.

Then again I have a silver car so it's always clean :innocent:

Also less rewarding when it's waxed as it doesn't look deep - the reflections dont' show up as much against a light colour paint, darker paint and you can see them like a mirror (remember those pics of Chippas back a few weeks? iz naice)

John's link led me to a video of the nano stuff, they explain it's a polish which is not destructive to paint, sounds pretty good! I've never polished my car, only waxed, got lots of fine swirly scratches :)

Edited by -SteveR-

Guest newl
  • Guests

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Hey plums, were you out at the airport a couple weeks ago breaking traction a few times coming out of short term parking? If so, I wasn't all that far behind ya but had to drive somewhat sanely (had the other half in the car and she gets car sick pretty easily ;)).

Couldn't think of all that many white F6 FG utes.

• Member For: 16y 1m 24d

I was thinking about going with Autoglym HD. I don't trust myself to do stuff like clay barring, I know I'd screw something up. Might just got someone to come detail my car and give them Autoglym HD to put on it?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

Grug, clay barring is easy. Just use lots of "lube" and don't dig in the clay and you should be right.

Wrap a plastic bag around your index finger and rub the paintwork. You'll feel lots of tiny imperfections and once you clay bar it, it'll be silky smooth

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m

a good detailer should have top of the range products, but they charge a shiiittt load! but well worth it! I'd pay few hunred to get my car looks smick

Rearbar instert came today :) just gotta get it painted.. 980 bucks =/

2 new tyres this week (toyo R1R) 380 each =/

an picked up Intercoler kit on the weekend! the utes getting there!

Edited by KeithTheBricklayer

• Member For: 16y 1m 24d

Grug, clay barring is easy. Just use lots of "lube" and don't dig in the clay and you should be right.

Wrap a plastic bag around your index finger and rub the paintwork. You'll feel lots of tiny imperfections and once you clay bar it, it'll be silky smooth

I used clay bar on parts of my bonnet, it seems that it would take me a year to clay bar my entire car though. It takes me like an hour just to wash the thing... Might call that detailing guy that's a forum sponser of perthfalcons, his work looks pretty decent.