Window Tints

Cro

• Member For: 16y 6d

Hey boys and girls,

Bob is doing my G6ET on Thursday and I'm unsure how dark to go. What are people's thoughts on getting 18% on the rear and 28% on the sides? If anyone has a pic of a car with that setup that would be awesome.

The other thing I was thinking of was just going 35%, which is the darkest legal. Does anyone have this? What are your thoughts on it? Do you have a picture?

Basically I'm concerned about police attention and safety (don't want to be responsible for running someone's kid over), but would like something nice and dark.

Cheers!

• Member For: 16y 6d

Well Bob did the tint for us today and we went for the 18 on the back and 28% on the sides. It looks awesome and not so dark that you can't see when driving around.

Bob is a nice bloke and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for your tint job.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 7d

I have seen some cars with custom tints like metal flake, usa flag etc.

Does anyone know if I can get something like ford or fpv done or something that's different to

just the normal.

Prefer Brisbane southside, other SE QLD ok if can do on a weekend.

Other than that can tints be matched as need rh rear replaced as one of my siblings has scratched the tint (glass untouched).

Think it is a factory tint.

My rear has bobbled and is now completely crap.

If cant do something different for the rear screen, then Just go as dark as possible with a quality tint

that will not bubble and go to crap.

I have pulled the edge up and it seems to be very easy to remove so will do myself.

PM price and etails.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d

Well Brett did the tinting on my Bionic BF NA on friday and im VERY happy with the result. Initially I was a bit sketchy as he does it faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrking cheap and I was left wondering what was wrong with it. Simple answer is...nothing. Just a top bloke who has set up his own thing and I wish him all the best.

As for the tint, I went thinking id get the 35s and left with the 20s after he showed me some photos. I gota say, im glad he did. It looks pretty dark from the outside and contrasts really well with the blue. I was scared I might regret the decision at night backing out of my incredibly dark and narrow driveway but to my shock, its not that hard to see out of at all. Its awesome, nice and dark form the outside, and still very much livable with from the inside. Dont know what the 35s wouldve looked like but I cant say im not very satisfied with the 20s. Cheers Brett.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Blown Happiness
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d

Hey guys, just a quick question,

Does Bob have a mobile service or do you have to go to his workshop?

what suburb is it, if he has a workshop?

Cheers