Agggh -help Needed Please

cobrav8

• Member For: 19y 6m 16d

Here are some words I prepared earlier. :laughing:

"The O2 sensor is designed only to be sensitive to a small AFR range around the mid point of 14.7:1. It does not work in a linear way. So in a practical sense the <LED> meter will only show when the ECU is in closed loop mode or when there are either lean or rich mixtures. It will not indicate to any great degree how lean or rich the mixture is at any time."

Check out this webpage I made after installing a AFR meter in one of my old cars. It was a kit bought from Jaycar. :tease:

http://benjam.com/mycars/proafrmixmeter.htm

Cheer.

Ben

s_proafrmixmeter12.gif

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
So... Maybe the Knightrider just had the mixture meter installed on the bonnet then?

Bloody silly gauge then -- oh well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be worse you could have an F6 boost gauge, tells you what boost pressure you were at ........a few minutes ago. :spoton:

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 11m 19d
Well - gauges are all connected up and going, boost is good, mixture is a bit weird:

With your foot right down it displays rich.  With foot off, slowing down it displays lean, but if you are driving along the gauge looks like something from the Nightrider (flashes left to right ie lean to rich) and the faster you go (more revs) the faster it seems to flash back and forth.

So....  WTF?  surely they arnt suppose to be like this?  I expected at constant revs the mixture gauge would read a constant reading?

Any ideas?  Anybody else using Autometre Mixture gauge?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have yet to install mine, but the instructions do say that when cruising at a constant speed, the lights would flash from lean to rich etc because the computer was constantly adjusting the mixture.

Clarke

BTW Cobrav8, I too was bidding on the guages you bought from Ebay, so you can er um, blame me that you had to pay $282 instead of $255, sooorry :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 6m 26d

No worries BarryBlue - where should I send the bill to?

The kids love the funny 'engine flashing lights' as they call them.

Where did you end up buying them from?

• 2 weeks later...