My Motor Is Broken

youngy

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 15d
That contradicts youngy's statement in post #6

"well it's all my own fault really. We never had time for a retune after my full 4in exhaust. Before that with the standard exhaust it ran 332rwkw with 15psi boost but a safe guess is that with the new zorst it was running approx 18 to 20psi boost on the same tune and at least 370rwkw"

That being he drove it for a couple of days before he swung past, at that stage it had already closed up a plug gap, Broken ring, I put the wide band in it and tested afr's to make sure it wasnt lean or pinging.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
Personally, I wonder how APS were able to draw the conclusion it did without thorough testing eg pyro and O2 sensor in each exhaust port monitoring what was going on during their testing. Reading between the lines I suspect they didn't; otherwise they would have made mention of it.

that's something nizpro have done. Im sure there manifold was tested before it was ever put into production.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 2d

Guys just reading this thread, I'm a little confused what the surprise is about with motors blowing up (350+rwkw) with / without the Nizpro plenum involved with standard internals. Personally I think its one of best kits on the market, and Simon's design wasnt born yesterday. The design has been and is still currently used in some of the fastest VL turbos / Skylines etc in the country, so the straight though front throttle body system has been going for so many years now. For the psi vs power output I havent really seen anything dramatically better.

However Nizpro has always stated that their stage 2 kit properly tuned the max they are willing to go is 340rwkw, anything over this (with standard XR6T motor internals) its a timebomb.

Thought I'll add my 2 c :spoton:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
Guys just reading this thread, I'm a little confused what the surprise is about with motors blowing up (350+rwkw) with / without the Nizpro plenum involved with standard internals. Personally I think its one of best kits on the market, and Simon's design wasnt born yesterday. The design has been and is still currently used in some of the fastest VL turbos / Skylines etc  in the country, so the straight though front throttle body system has been going for so many years now. For the psi vs power output I havent really seen anything dramatically better.

However Nizpro has always stated that their stage 2 kit properly tuned the max they are willing to go is 340rwkw, anything over this (with standard XR6T motor internals) its a timebomb.

Thought I'll add my 2 c  :spoton:

well put, hence why I originally caped the power to 330 rwkw's.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d

As F6 Tornado found out, rear mufflers are very restrictive in the utes. He picked up 35 rwkw with a change of exhaust. Unsure of the boost change though??

My guess, which is exactly that, is the car was fitted with the 4", the 'cork' was released then Youngy, being Youngy flogged the daylights out of it whist overboosting and it bent the rods.

Pretty pre-historic guess.... Will be easy to find out. As soon as the engine is done and run in, run it up on the dyno and log it with the previous map in it..

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
engine is out and on a stand, hopefully start stripping tonight I've been flat out at work, f6 is right I did drive it to hard without having a retune, my fault not simon's, all will be well again soon.

mate call me as soon as you have it apart, im eager to see what has happened.

• Member For: 19y 20d
well I can say that at the time of us checking youngys engine it was stilll running 12.0's afr's and wasnt doing anything it shouldnt except turn the tyres ALOT. I have since been told of a dead stock xr6T doing the exact same thing. I dont know yet and have been waiting for a phone call from youngy regarding the stripping down of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep the af's were safe and yep the tyres did turn alot. An indication of the power is that with the 18in 245 sp9000 with 90%tread painted black lines down the street from just doin rollons in 4th gear at 100kph with no clutch, now that's pretty tough.

And simon yeah I'll give u a call as soon as stripped and we'll talk componentry needed for my goals, just been busy as of late, at least the engines out, man, what a hassle that was.

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
well I can say that at the time of us checking youngys engine it was stilll running 12.0's afr's and wasnt doing anything it shouldnt except turn the tyres ALOT. I have since been told of a dead stock xr6T doing the exact same thing. I dont know yet and have been waiting for a phone call from youngy regarding the stripping down of it.

Yep the af's were safe and yep the tyres did turn alot. An indication of the power is that with the 18in 245 sp9000 with 90%tread painted black lines down the street from just doin rollons in 4th gear at 100kph with no clutch, now that's pretty tough.

And simon yeah I'll give u a call as soon as stripped and we'll talk componentry needed for my goals, just been busy as of late, at least the engines out, man, what a hassle that was.

hahahha yer I bet, so I guess your not helping me change mine when I put my hotty engine in LOL! :spoton: