Lpg And The Mighty T

dswiders

• Member For: 20y 10m 1d

Sorry guys, tried to do a search for LPG on the forums, but you need to use a search which contains 4 or more characters. Don't know how I can make a 3 character abbreviation into 4 or more characters apart from Liquid Petroleum Gas.

I am interested in finding out if there is anyone out there that is running their T on LPG, and what the outcomes are.

It's costing me just under $60 every 3 days to fill up, read as lots of K's.

With the cost of fuel these days, an alternative to 98 PULP would be great. Also if LPG was available for the T, you would get a better resale value - bigger car and cheaper to run.

I believe that the RON on LPG is around 114, correct me if I'm wrong. This should also improve the power in the car ( with custom tune, of course ) :spoton:

I have heard that there is some R&D going on in which the LPG usage is the same as petrol usage.

I wouldn't mind paying 40 cents per ltr instead of the current $1.25 per ltr.

Daniel

• Member For: 20y 10m 1d

I'm of the old school, always fill up once guage reaches 1/4 tank. I do around 100klm daily. Traveling from eastern suburb to western suburb for work. With the performance mods, I can do around 420 - 450 klms to the tank.

But it's another thing if I let the turbo sing :spoton:

• Member For: 21y 11m 15d

I'm also very interested in getting a T on LPG... Every commercial place I've spoken to around Canberra seems to think at this stage that it can't be done but is a matter of time.

Anywhere in Sydney or Melbourne even?

• Member For: 20y 6m 18d

I rang a few near me. most wernt interested. 1 guy hadnt done a BA before, didnt know enough about liquid injection but said it would be the way to go. but he said the lpg fuel tanks are not available. major shortage worldwide or some bs. over 6 months wait just for a tank. seems further away than id like.

• Member For: 20y 10m 29d

There is apparently a massive undersupply of LPG parts. As soon as prices went up, every one drove down to the nearest LPG conversion store and paid a deposit. No ones going to be interested for alteast ~4 weeks.

There was a injected LPG XR8 on the fordforums.com.au area. For a turbo I would only ever concider a injected LPG. Your talking about $3000+ for such a conversion. It is definately possible but find someone who does BA Taxis at the very least.

Injected LPG is much like injected petrol. Normal LPG is basically a carb. Injected LPG uses less fuel, usually stays in tune for ever, makes more power and torque. Downsides are costs more.

• Member For: 20y 3m 5d

Ok guys I have done a lot of investigation in to this.

There is a system which has been emmisions tested and is legal for NA BA xr6 it is now in production with no loss off power. In fact you can actually go a little higher in power if you want. The reason that they havnt done the conversion is there are certain limitations in injector size and they also need someones ride to get it emmisions tested "expect them to have it for 1 month"

I am looking at going down this path so we will just have to wait and see :stirthepot:

• Member For: 20y 10m 11d
Seriously guys you would only install the LPG for performance benefits.  It will not end up saving you money... Unless of course you own a taxi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What makes you say this? Driving fairly average k's you should make your money back in about two years, from then on it's savings.

The LPG vapour injection Late model camira costs around 2 grand more and they say you'll almost break even in a year.

Let's hope Ford follows Expensive Daewoo and sells factory fitted vapour injection too.