Any Wa Members

ZMAN

• Member For: 19y 1m 16d
Youngy, was that you that came in and bought those Nizpro parts off us ?

Sounds like a weapon too.

We just finished a customers Xr6T 5 speed that has the same clutch minus the flywheel , Nizpro stage 2 , one of our custom exhausts and ran 410rwhp ( 305 rwkw ) at 12 psi.Would easily do more but he was worried about the dreaded conrod problem.

Trying to convince him to take it to the plex but he isn't interested

Cheers

Ken

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be more worried about the gearbox in a 5spd.

I only bought valve springs off use, the rest I got direct from nizpro and fitted myself. 305rwkw at 12psi that's awesome stuff mine makes 332rwkw at 14.5 then when u go higher the exhaust restricts it. What does your custom exhaust comprise of and how much? also being a gtr man would u no of a good place for the nitto555r's as chris mills can't get the mickey thompson streets till december and the only other option I have is the bf goodrich streets. thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 4m

BF Drag TA's work well. We use them on Lee Sampsons 11 sec 180sx and they cut his 60ft time by about .4 sec over road spec tyres.

Mind you , he broke 3 gearboxes doing it . :)

Nittos are virtually unavaliable in WA and bloody expensive.

The exhaust was an experimental combo we are trying using custom 3.5in front incorporating a 4in cat and twin 2.75in for the rest.

What we found was the turbo housing wastegate had to be hogged out as boost was uncontrolled due to the restriction.

Our gurus tell us that is the sign of a well flowing exhaust so it must work.

Cheers

Ken

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 27d
Youngy, was that you that came in and bought those Nizpro parts off us ?

Sounds like a weapon too.

We just finished a customers Xr6T 5 speed that has the same clutch minus the flywheel , Nizpro stage 2 , one of our custom exhausts and ran 410rwhp ( 305 rwkw ) at 12 psi.Would easily do more but he was worried about the dreaded conrod problem.

Trying to convince him to take it to the plex but he isn't interested

Cheers

Ken

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats this conrod problem??

never heard of it..

• Member For: 19y 4m
It breaking perhaps? due to high boost?? I guess that's why the phoon has special conrods..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not high boost , just HP.

Remember that these things come from the factory with about 250ish rwhp and now they are getting up to 80% more hp and masses of torque increase then something has to give.

As stated , that is why the phoon has the stronger rods cos Ford realised they had a problem.

Cheers

Ken

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
If any of the WA guys are prepared to ship my car from Vic to WA and back I'll come and run a 10 for ya. :fool:

Geea. :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I think that will be the only 10 they will see

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 27d
If any of the WA guys are prepared to ship my car from Vic to WA and back I'll come and run a 10 for ya. :spoton:

Geea. :glad:

LOL I think that will be the only 10 they will see

......not sure what you are trying to say but there are a lot of street cars here that run 10's! Just no XR Turbos yet that I have seen run close to a 10!

I am sure that will change in the near future and I am looking forward to seeing some quick XR Turbos this season at the Motorplex, maybe not a 10 but 11's are not out of the question!

:spoton: