Shift Light

seventytwo

I know MSD have a tach driver, and I *think* the F.R. one operates the same...

They aplify the small pulses on the coil + wire that are generated each time the coils are fired.

The ECU on the BA's controls everything, theres no ignitor modules etc for the coils.

We are working on a tach adapter as well as a shift light / beep module for the BA's

The shift light / beep module will be available very soon, which will be a fully programmable shift light / beep and also has one additional adjustable output.

These modules can be programmed by laptop, therefore if you want to change the trigger points, you can.

The tach adapter we are designing, well im not going to tell you how it works in detail, but lets just say different to the MSD / F.R. ones, and possibly a lot more accurate as they are triggered by a sensor, not by detecting voltages.

• 1 month later...
The shift light / beep module will be available very soon, which will be a fully programmable shift light / beep and also has one additional adjustable output.

These modules can be programmed by laptop, therefore if you want to change the trigger points, you can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pre-orders for the shift alert modules are being taken on our website, pricing is on there also.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

Couple of Questions. where does the module plug into, direct into the ECU in the engine bay or somewhere in the dash.

As there is no RPM out I take it the EXDE shift light I have will not work so what would the best way to run an LED off the module

The shift alert module gets power and ground from the fuse compartment, and one wire gets spliced into the harness at the ecu.

Minimum install is 3 wires.

You can add any light to our module as a shift light providing it draws less than 10 watts ( 1 amp) therefore you can use a high intensity LED (with suitable dropping resistor in line) possibly mounted in the pillar.