• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 3d

No system yet for the turbo it is getting a system that is going to flow enough gas for the turbo motor.

Ian

• Member For: 20y 2m 15d
No system yet for the turbo it is getting a system that is going to flow enough gas for the turbo motor.

Ian

I was speaking to a guy in Canberra about doing this. He said he had issues with getting enough flow from single injectors for the power generated and that a double injector system was needed. With the biggest issue sourcing injectors without a kit. He hoped to have a solution in the next 6 months or so.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you mention?

Is it possible to fit a system that produces less power on gas (but probably still good torque down low) with a switch to petrol when needed? Is anyone doing this?

tony

• Member For: 18y 6m 4d

Ian

I had been told the same thing from gas inject.

If you pick up last monts copy of zoom there is a article in there detailing a BA turbo on LPG that was built by Adelaide perfomance engineering (or something a like). Car made 330rwkw ( or there abouts). Trick was the car ran gas injectors up to 250rwkw then made a seemless switch to petrol for the rest of the power range.

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members

Ian

If you pick up last monts copy of zoom there is a article in there detailing a BA turbo on LPG that was built by Adelaide perfomance engineering (or something a like). Car made 330rwkw ( or there abouts). Trick was the car ran gas injectors up to 250rwkw then made a seemless switch to petrol for the rest of the power range.

Than the trick will be getting it adr and emissions certified which to get right will cost about 10 grand and that would have to be recouped.

Ian

Ian

Than the trick will be getting it adr and emissions certified which to get right will cost about 10 grand and that would have to be recouped.

Ian

tis not cheap depends on the state your in will depend on how the EPA laws govern the emmisions testing. I know in NSW its a LOT cheaper to get it done than in VIC but all the same by the time you pay for the installation of the system ect, how long would it take to recover teh costs? 3 maybe 4 years?

• Member For: 20y 2m 15d

Ian

Ian

tis not cheap depends on the state your in will depend on how the EPA laws govern the emmisions testing. I know in NSW its a LOT cheaper to get it done than in VIC but all the same by the time you pay for the installation of the system ect, how long would it take to recover teh costs? 3 maybe 4 years?

Really depends on your milage. Last year we did around 40,000kms at between 12 & 16L/100km. With a difference in fuel pricing at the moment around 90c-$1 means I'd recover around $4500/yr.

Of course it also depends on how long you want to keep the car. With the new brakes (thanks Adam :)) and the rebuilt transmission I need to keep it a fair while to recover the cost of those anyway!

I'd be happy with 250rwkw on gas!! Mine doesn't do that now - from memory was around 220rwkw at last dyno. Might have to pick up a copy of Zoom.

tony

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members

Guys I am talking about the cost to get the adr and emmisions testing done just so the kit is legal to fit.

This does not include devoloping of the kit which for the turbo is going to be big.

And the parts reqiured to work a system on a turbo.

I can see there being the need to use to convertors and double the number of injectors to get this going.

Ian

Guys I am talking about the cost to get the adr and emmisions testing done just so the kit is legal to fit.

Ian

This is what I am talking about also, this costing all has to be factored into the final cost of the kit, if there is one.

The Price to get a car ADR compliant varies from state to state. I have been through this BS with a previous car and decided it was far to expensive at the end of the day to worry about. Though no isnt saying that you cant always have the car converted to gas and not hae it complient. I have seen a few cars that run around like this. Dont know what the fine would be for it?