Fpv Shift Alert

Trough Lolly

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 8d
I started this topic in fpv section but no1 seems to ever go in there....

basically I wanna know can a T get the FPV shift alert beeps when a certain rev limit is achieved.

do u need an edit and/or premium sound??  :roll:

surely sum1 has to know!!!!

thanks. :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bump because I want to know too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me three,

:k24t:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 10m

a mate of mine works for VDO (dash suppliers for BA's). He told me the micro controller in the dash cluster can be reprogrammed to do what ever you like (0-100 times, shift alert etc...) The only catch is you need a contact in vdo that is willing to reprogram your cluster for you!

I've been waiting for mine for months now, I keep getting the "really busy at work" line :fool:

damn *beep* teaser :spoton::sofa::hrmm:

• Member For: 20y 5d

Its possible...a local in my area has the shift alert and the starter button on his T, along with the gt bodykit and XR8 bonnet (would of been cheaper to buy a phoon IMHO). He owns a car stereo place and his stereo sounds :spoton: . I will ask him what he did to get the shift alert. I know he has strong connections with the local dealer...

I'd like to say the beep sounds awsome, but what if you've gone the edit and your limiter been pushed out? Are there any MkII FPV owners out there with the edit who are beeping before the limiter?

Add my name to the list for the beep.

BKL6T whos your friend, and which dealer is doing the button? Titans Brookvale did mine, but that was over 18 months ago.

We (shiftkits.com.au) are currently developing a few items to suit the BA.

One is a tacho / shift light interface, which will allow you to connect an aftermarket tacho or shiftlight to the BA ECU,

and the other is a Shiftlight / Beeper module which will give you a beep and optional shiftlight output at a certain RPM.

Stay tuned for progress updates ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 16d

Thank god for this, I have been waiting yonkers for a shift light for the Ute but without spending a motza I cant get it.

Thanks Shiftkits.com, and your BA Shift kit does rock (to the tune of chirpies).

Brett

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 5d
BLK6T that would be great, let us know what happens! thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok...I finally got speaking to the T owner with the FPV shift alert. He quoted exactly what malcx said...He got his controller in the dash cluster programmed to chime just before the limiter. Then he winked and said "a mate from sinclair ford did it after hours" and then he installed the starter button for him also. :glad: I want I want.....