The Gearbox Kapoof

minstral

I have just got my car back from Strap FORD and it is all fixed they fitted a new box and all is ok.

I must say Strap fords service is tops :spoton:

So its all good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good to hear minstral!!!

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d

G'day Guys,

Well unbeleivably my auto has gone to heaven as well. Its an unmodded T with 30k on the clock, was reversing it into the drive way last night, and pop click click click....

I also dropped mine into Strapp Ford in Doncaster this morning, where they confirmed the auto had shat it self, and it would be replaced under warranty and ready for pick up by the end of the day Monday.

Only had the car a couple of months, and havent thrashed it at all.. so abit shocked at it happening..

But hopefully she will be back to new on monday....

The timing and similarities were a bit to close not to add this !

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 17d
:msm: What's going on here?! Two unmodded T's, driven very sedately (by the sounds of things), and both had auto gearboxes die on them?! This is not a good advertisement for Ford and, quite frankly, has me worried!! :spoton:

Guest memphis
  • Guests

my auto tranny died at 40,000kms, ford replaced it with a new unit no questions

this was a unmodded T, driven properly (no burnouts)

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 1d

As with all Ford bits , it is the inconsistency that is so consistent :spoton: 2 Stockers Gooooone for no apparent reason and other members dishing out 250rwkw punishment on a regular basis with nothing more than a valve body mod. :blush:

Anyhoo Minstral good to seeit sorted for you :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 3m 28d

I will say this when the driver of the tow truck arrived and we started to chat he said they were picking up at least one ford BA a day within the fleet of pickup trucks they have. To me this sounds very bad, I guess will see how long this one lasts.

• Member For: 19y 3m 22d

just got my car back from the dealer after auto trans problems. (mainly when in reverse and in D). no problems with the dealer. only had 40k km on the clock (driven hard sometimes), there's not much u can do to the stock trans apart from installing a big oil cooler *sigh*

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 16d

Sorry to hear mate but glad it's all sorted, Warranty should have no probs. If they did, well, hmm. There's no grounds to dispute it, it's a stock car. My modded NA, SSS, insanely quick off the mark and I really punished that box, point of redline in 1st and 2nd all the time. Kickbacks in gears to 5000+ when forgetting to flip into performance. lol. After all the punishment I gave that thing, it was as good at 38,000 kms as the day I picked up the car. The NA was modded to 233kwfw, extractors, 2.5" Zorst, 2nd CAI, RDP computer.

The 5 speed manual in the turbo ute, hmm, we will wait and see. Enjoying the diff clunk, NOT!