Went To The Drags At Heathcote Today..

Bain

• Member For: 21y 24d
very nice bain, nice quick changes  :blush:

Have you thought about taking to calder one friday. The nice cold night weather and more grip available could quite possibly help dip you into the 13's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's where I want to head next.. But wont be for a month or 2 probably..

Ive been told Calder has better traction.. If I can get a better launch I think I could hit 103 - 104 mph.. that should be just into the 13's yeah?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With cold calder air those times are sure to drop. :msm:

2.1 60ft times :blush: that's fantastic for a stock T, I havent managed better than 2.38

You obviously have a bit of drag racing experiance

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 7m 24d
With cold calder air those times are sure to drop. :blush:

2.1 60ft times :blush: that's fantastic for a stock T,  I havent managed better than 2.38

You obviously have a bit of drag racing experiance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really any drag experience.. Just have to keep it on boost on take off (without too much wheelspin) is the hardest part I think.

14.58 was the worst of 8 runs. (They seem pretty consistent considering it was the first time I have run it down the 1/4)

Times - in order of runs.

Before lunch: (12.32pm - 12.47pm)

1. 14.58

2. 14.25

3. 14.17

After Lunch: (2.12pm - 2.29pm)

4. 14.32

5. 14.40

6. 14.52

7. 14.32

8. 14.22

Then there was my 15.5 which I took off with too much wheel spin so didnt give it any down the rest of the 1/4...

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 10d
very nice bain, nice quick changes  :pinch:

Have you thought about taking to calder one friday. The nice cold night weather and more grip available could quite possibly help dip you into the 13's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's where I want to head next.. But wont be for a month or 2 probably..

Ive been told Calder has better traction.. If I can get a better launch I think I could hit 103 - 104 mph.. that should be just into the 13's yeah?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great times for a stock manual.

If you get a better alunch your mph won't get any better. You'll find that if you mess up the start the mph can go up a little. Colder air might help the mph, what was the temps like at the track?

Geea. :blink:

• Member For: 19y 7m 24d
Great times for a stock manual.

If you get a better alunch your mph won't get any better. You'll find that if you mess up the start the mph can go up a little. Colder air might help the mph, what was the temps like at the track?

Geea. :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Temps were between 13 and 15 degrees with a humidity of 65%. Not sure of the track temp though.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 28d

Very impressive run, and thanks for the video.

Your gear changes appear very slick, especially 2-3, which is the hardest to do quickly on a T-56.

Brian

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 4m

Good run and nice vid Bain if motor ran 14.8 and you ran a 14.1 and after being in buf-phoon's F6 I think driven correctly as you have im pretty sure a mid 13's from a Typhoon is there also,So much for the so called professional car reviewer's :tease:

Well done now time to start modding :fool:

CYA JEFF :tease:

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 19d
Great work

So its totally stock ?

You should be happy as this is the times they were getting for a stock Phoon :gooff:

Yep! totally stock, no extra snorkels or middle mufflers removed etc etc. Had all the interior inside + spare tyre. It was running on a bit over 3/4 fuel tank of BP Ultimate. I wanted to run it as was before I started modifying the car.

I would love to know how MOTOR magazine got a 14.8 for their run in a 6 speed...

*edit* ill post up a in car video of one of my runs (battery died after the 2nd run as I forgot to charge it the night before!)

Yeah, Motor Magazine must have one very sick car, or did the problem exist between seat and wheel. :eyebrows: