Canberra Sth East Nsw Cruise 17th July 2005

Cro

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 21y 3m 23d
How many will actually be coming for a graze at Zefferelli's?

Numbers will help the booking procedure! :sofa:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definate 2, possible 4.

:stirthepot:

:sofa:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably two seats at dinner for me aswell please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:nono: ... large lad? :spoton:

:blush:

• Member For: 20y 8m 2d

Being a cruise virgin and all, shhh, dont tell Ken.. :blink:

..my concern is that this is a long driving cruise, say 10 hours for Sydney-siders all up right? Do we get plenty of driving breaks? I can't convince my slackers to get up early on a Sunday mornings twice in one month, so since they are coming to Jenolan, I can't get their butts down this Sunday.

Anyhoo, my question to Cro, Ken and other cruise gurus, in terms of driver fatigue, though I have driven to Melbourne from Sydney by myself with minimal breaks before...will I be OK just driving by myself with enough driving breaks on this cruise?

If so, put me down for dinner Mick. :thumbsup:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :idunno:

• Member For: 20y 8m 2d
This sounds like fun.  Any Sydney-siders want to meet at Mount Annan.  If so, when?  Ken, you want to lead the way to Canberra?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was planning on leaving my place @ around 6am for a 9am meet up with the Canberra folk. Possibly stopping at a roadhouse on the way for brekkie.

I'm happy to wait at Woolies car park, Mt Annan for anyone wishing to convoy down the humourless. :idunno:

Please let me know if you wish to join the convoy, so we don't leave without you.

:blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Ken, so 5:45am at Woolie's car park at Mount Annan then? Do I have to bring lamingtons? :thumbsup:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 13d
Being a cruise virgin and all, shhh, dont tell Ken..  :blush:

..my concern is that this is a long driving cruise, say 10 hours for Sydney-siders all up right?  Do we get plenty of driving breaks?  I can't convince my slackers to get up early on a Sunday mornings twice in one month, so since they are coming to Jenolan, I can't get their butts down this Sunday. 

Anyhoo, my question to Cro, Ken and other cruise gurus, in terms of driver fatigue, though I have driven to Melbourne from Sydney by myself with minimal breaks before...will I be OK just driving by myself with enough driving breaks on this cruise?

If so, put me down for dinner Mick.  :thumbsup:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Z, there are many planned stops along the way. We do have a smoker on the cruise after all (me) :idunno:

Sydney - Canberra I suggest you stop at Marulan which is the BP service center. The reason why I mention this one is that it is a bit closer to Canberra than Sutton Forest (Shell).

There will be a stop in Canberra for you Sydney guys on the way down at the Gull Servo where the rest of us will meet you.

If we don't stop in Cooma which is 1 hour from Canberra we will Stop in Candelo which is another hour from Cooma.

Candelo - Merimbula takes about 1 hour (I guess anyway), and we will have over one hour for lunch.

The next stop will be in Bombala which is about one hour from Merimbula.

After that we will cruise up to Canberra and have some dinner.

I will be cruising back to Sydney with you guys as well.

All these stops are just for people to streach their legs for a couple of mins while people who need it get some fuel.

Hey Ken, so 5:45am at Woolie's car park at Mount Annan then?  Do I have to bring lamingtons?  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See you there. :spoton:

:fool:

Hey Ken, so 5:45am at Woolie's car park at Mount Annan then?  Do I have to bring lamingtons?  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See you there. :idunno:

:tease:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops! ... sorry about this, but the "Social Committee" decided that we are going to Canberra on Saturday, to break the trip up a bit. Will be staying somewhere Saturday night so we'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the 9:00am start.

I'll PM you to make sure you get this message ...

:idunno: