Cosmetic And Other Non Power Mods

newxr

• Member For: 20y 5m 4d

Hi

I have gone as far as I want to (AT THIS STAGE!!) with power mods (in addition to signature I have added heat absorbing tape to the extractors). I am looking at making my XR - amm a little personal.

I already have front footwell lights and illuminated light switches. :tease:

I have just completed the rear footwell light - total cost $61 :blush:

Considering the following:

The heavier metal (chrome) internal door handles from the MKII Fairlane

The "Black Onyx" look dash inserts from the MKII Fairlane - 3 inserts cost $210 fitted.

Heavy carpet undelay - to reduce road noise. Other options to make the cabin quieter?

Stripes (please no rice comments)

:crybaby:

• Member For: 19y 4m 4d

Can you give me a run down on the rear footwell light and how you installed it? Also do you have any pics of the dash inserts from the fairlane? Havent seen them.

• ORSM Ford Cruisers!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 20d

Hey newxr,

I picked up the rear footwell lense from ford but they didnt give me the lamp holder. Did you get it from ford?

Matt

Hey newxr,

I picked up the rear footwell lense from ford but they didnt give me the lamp holder.  Did you get it from ford?

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the lens would come with a lamp holder but it did not :spit: I made my own lamp holder using one of the off shelf holders from Autopro :spoton:

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d

Heat wrap on your extractors eh? Bye bye extractors.

If heat is retained in the mild steel extractors they will eventually crack. Even SS ones will after a period of time.

If you have heat issues, it is better to use a heat shield OR wrap the OTHER heat sensitive things in heat wrap BUT NEVER the extractors.

If heat is retained in the mild steel extractors they will eventually crack. Even SS ones will after a period of time.

If you have heat issues, it is better to use a heat shield OR wrap the OTHER heat sensitive things in heat wrap BUT NEVER the extractors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you are saying that's why I only wrapped the upper parts - the lower ends of the extractors are unwrapped do heat is better able to escape from under the car. I have seen this done before and it works without affecting the extractors :spoton:

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you are saying that's why I only wrapped the upper parts - the lower ends of the extractors are unwrapped do heat is better able to escape from under the car. I have seen this done before and it works without affecting the extractors :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Retaining the heat in the upper parts is where it is MOST likely to cause you problems ... you can choose to believe me (I've seen it plenty of times), or learn for yourself from experience ...

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 10m 14d

Have ya thought about getting some nice 18's or 19's ..

Bigger Brakes to go with ya new mags

Maybe rear wing extensions.. Go the Typhoon Look...

or Some Doof Doof..

cikas