Replacement Clutch

Guest brutebogart

Guest brutebogart
  • Guests

hi , my t is in the dealers again thist time the clutch was getting heavy to push in the verdict was the preasure plate is us, no suprise to me :nono: they say it is heat affected, it happens ,can anyone out there give me any ideas on a replacement clutch that might handle the extra power , I have a stage 1 APS at the moment and hopeing to go stage 2 soon.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
hi , my t is in the dealers again thist time the clutch was getting heavy to push in  the verdict was the preasure plate is us, no suprise to me :nono:  they say it is heat affected, it happens ,can anyone out there give me any ideas on a replacement clutch  that might handle the extra power , I have a stage 1 APS at the moment and hopeing to go stage 2 soon.

contact aps... do they do clutch kits? If not you could contact mal woods (site sponsor) they do clutch kits, at least they can point you in the right direction :glad:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d

Good to see another Townsvillian, although probably not by choice!!!

Anyway My Blown BA XR8 Ute getting around has a Mal Wood Single Plate 11" Clutch in it. Takes well over 400rwhp no worries and cost me around $1100 fitted.

Although I don't drag race mine just the occasional skid.

He also sells his twin plate clutch which is absolutely awesome, no slippage there!

Are you in the NQ Performance Ford Club?

Brett.

• Member For: 20y 8d

Contact Ben at Mal Wood.

I had similar problems with my clutch after 5,000 k's....anything over 4500 rpm it would just seize up for about a minute due to the preasure plate.....solved it by putting in a Mal Wood stage II kit.