Dyno Day

Paradoxx

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d

Ok, obviously something wasnt correct for the reading that was given, Its not really hyperdrives fault as they would have had a hectic day to get everyones cars out of the way. YTRY4's car ran 397 rwhp only an hour or so before, Its a stock besides cat, injectors, and air filter and xtreme tune. That tune in 3 other cars all have run 400 + rwhp. I wish I could have been there for the event but I had prior arangements. Either way, theres no need for a b**ch fight.

The cars got minor mods and makes good power for what it is, no intercoooler changes ect and the car hasnt even been dyno tuned yet, I put that tune into the car lastnight and did a quick boost and wide band test and he left.

Well done Lou and everyone else that went and had a good time. Looking forward to runing my F6 at the next dyno comp.

:spoton:

Jason, nice blacks marks on the road infront of me lol when I was going to say hi to everyone on my way to yanchep for lunch with the family, car looks good.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
I havent plugged the figures into the dyno, but with 230 deg inlet temperature it the dyno would have added around 45% additional correction onto the real power figure, which in this case is about 180hp of additional correction.

Think about it, making 580rwhp through the stock turbo at around 10psi...doesnt make much sense :)

doesnt make any sence mate. The cars a 400 to 420 rwhp car in its current form, no more that's for sure :spoton::spoton:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 25d

Thanks everyone for the great turnout!

Great to see everyone and I think we all had a pretty enjoyable day.

After paying for the food and drinks Dan and I bought there is $120 left. This will be donated to the forum on behalf of all who attended today.

I will compile the results for everyone to see... some very interesting variances in the results between stock cars and ones with minor mods. From what I could tell most people were fairly happy with their results. I also have some pics to post up :)

Once again thanks to all for coming, especially to memphis for kinda saving the day by organising an alternative to D&T. Oh and thanks to Sarah for helping out too :spoton:

Take care,

Steve

• Member For: 21y 5m 19d

Great day all round...good to catch up with some of the forum members again. Look forward to the next meet.

Z

Don't I get a booby prize for having the lowest Dyno read for a "T"..? :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
Jason, nice blacks marks on the road infront of me lol when I was going to say hi to everyone on my way to yanchep for lunch with the family, car looks good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, didn't realise it was you behind me. Car's feeling pretty good now, instant wheel spin in 2nd and 3rd now :spoton: Gotta get the tune sorted over the next week or 2 and install a set of valve springs too. It's amazing to see how much power these cars are making with minimal modifications; good tune, bigger injectors, good front mount intercooler and a decent dump pipe & cat are seeing these cars push 400rwhp effortlessly. All the while retaining stock emmissions, driveability and keeping the police off your case.

Shame I missed ya, would have been good to catchup and say hello. Hopefully will see you at another venue.

Congrats on the work of the F6's. Some great results there!

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members

lol, didn't realise it was you behind me. Car's feeling pretty good now, instant wheel spin in 2nd and 3rd now :spoton: Gotta get the tune sorted over the next week or 2 and install a set of valve springs too. It's amazing to see how much power these cars are making with minimal modifications; good tune, bigger injectors, good front mount intercooler and a decent dump pipe & cat are seeing these cars push 400rwhp effortlessly. All the while retaining stock emmissions, driveability and keeping the police off your case.

Shame I missed ya, would have been good to catchup and say hello. Hopefully will see you at another venue.

Congrats on the work of the F6's. Some great results there!

that was my new Black F6 full of kids and family behind u. I havent changed the dump pipe ect yet on these cars, only the cats. I got my misses XR6T into the 12's with factoory zorst juts a cat. F6's will go 400 + with just the cat aswell (3inch).

Mines got that now... But not for long... Time to start the playing. :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 11m 2d

Awesome day guys. Thanks to Steve and Dan for organising the day, Zoran for the BBQ skills and Hyperdrive for the great service.

Great to meet more and more members of this forum, it was a fairly big turnout in the end. I think a lot of us have some good baseline figures to work from now as well as plenty to aspire to thanks to the high hp runs of the modded T's & phoons today. Top effort all round

See you all at the next event...btw what's next...ideas anyone?

Brett

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
Awesome day guys. Thanks to Steve and Dan for organising the day, Zoran for the BBQ skills and Hyperdrive for the great service.

Great to meet more and more members of this forum, it was a fairly big turnout in the end. I think a lot of us have some good baseline figures to work from now as well as plenty to aspire to thanks to the high hp runs of the modded T's & phoons today. Top effort all round

See you all at the next event...btw what's next...ideas anyone?

Brett

I cant wait till you guys do something again. I would love to come along and have a blast

• Member For: 19y 4m 1d
Thanks to all for organising the day. I'm quite happy with the power output of the car. Graph attached.

Congrats to Louie (YTRY4) on the power of his F6. That's something to be admired.

One question though, which I assume will be easy to answer by a dyno operator, how does an intake temp of 230 (IT:230) affect power reading? I assume it was just a dyno error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What??

Hmm, ok we will check on Monday in regards to this.

Spoke to louie and he said it was a wastegate problem he was having hence the large discrepancy between D+T and us.

To be honest, we didn't check the IT for each car , just assumed that plugged into the inlet tract would be right.

Anyways, It was a huge difference compared to the last time we saw the car here for a dyno shootout and Simon from Extreme Ford Tuning should be congratulated for his tuning efforts.

For those that saw the car at the PPCC day, Simon had said the tune in the car was not right but someone's son insisted it was going on the dyno anyway...

Cheers

Ken

PS , Just a quick plug in that we do Edit tuning as well :spoton: