Xt Vs Xr6

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 11m 18d

that's why I sold the AU Xr8 cause it was only 185kw.. I had some XT's and XR6's keeping up wth me :spoton: .. So that was the point where I got my T..

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d
Reading the new Motor mag and in the back with the run down on all new cars you'll find the 0 to 100 kmph. Have a look at the XT Vs XR6 N/A. Any one got a answer about why that's the story? 

I'd post their findings but don't have the mag with me now, can say the XT put sh*t on the XR6. Anyone know if the vehicles used were autos or manual, or could the answer be the diff ratios. :fool:

I would have thunk the T5 (crap it may be) would still be quicker 0 to 100 and down the quarter mile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sister purchased an XT and her husband got the XR6 last year and the XT was definitely quicker. I"m not sure if theirs half a second in the 0 - 100kph but over 120kph you could really notice the extra grunt in the XT.

Robbie.

• Member For: 21y 4m 4d
Falcon XT, 0-100 in 7.23 secs and 1/4 mile time 15.28

Falcon XR6, 0-100 in 8.11 secs and 1/4 mile time 15.86

The answer to these times as already stated is certainly weight, however it would be interesting to know weather the XR6 was fitted with a LSD because im told this is an option on them

What I find really interesting though is the acceleration times for XR6T and XR8 utes.

T, 0-100 in 6.77 secs and 1/4 mile time of 14.82

XR8, 0-100 in 6.82 secs and 1/4 mile time of 14.84.

NOTE: those times in the utes were done with auto trannys.

I think if you had an XT and did the 2nd CAI and a decent set of extractors you could feel pretty confident rocking up at the lights against either of these utes....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come on rednut you can tell us mate. If a taxi has stitched you up just let us know we wont laugh at you that much..... :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To tell you the truth I got taken by suprise by an XT wagon when I first had the car, I didn't expect him to gun it, but it was an easy fix, I had him covered by the speed limit, I just had to floor it and flat change and floorit again to do it - instead of just leaning a little on the gas and watching them try in vain to keep up!

The best par tis when I let them stay side by side and the belt it and back off, makes them look like pushbikes :spoton:

Hahaha - not the 50 or 60 XT and XRs that have tried to have a go at me LOL, not even in the same league :msm:

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 22y 13d

I wonder how many people race N/A's and go away bragging they beat an XR6T. The answer? Well half the candidates reside on rexnet and nissansilvia.com alone.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 10m 6d

Don't think XT have power windows, or maybe front only. Maybe the XR spoiler kit weighs a tad more than standard XT, boot spoiler for sure as standard XT don't have them. Maybe XT has a lower diff ratio?

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d
Don't think XT have power windows, or maybe front only. Maybe the XR spoiler kit weighs a tad more than standard XT, boot spoiler for sure as standard XT don't have them. Maybe XT has a lower diff ratio?

The XT only has front power windows standard, same as the XR6.

I doubt that the XR6 spoiler kit would weigh any more then 20kg extra including the spoiler over the XT. Have you felt how flimsy the bumpers are on the BA? The XT has a taller diff ratio, 3.23 vs. 3.45 for the XR6.

I still cannot see where the extra weight is in the XR6?? :spoton:

Apart from the diff ratio in the two cars there should be nothing between them, apart from maybe the weight of the driver and the amount of fuel that is on board.

:spoton:

• Member For: 20y 11m 24d

Wheels 17" Alloys plus tyres verse 16" steelies and tyres (although 17" alloy on SR)..

Softer suspension better grip on a launch.

SR falcon is basically a XR6 with out the bumper and lights. I was suprised jumping into a basic XR6 how basic they are inside.. Appart from the blue dash lighting and foggies who would know the diffrence. All the other XR's I've been in had Far more sporty trim (MKII is rather bland?) and premium audio (big lift for the cabin). Given that SR will be ~$15k in no time second hand they are a real bargin..

I don't know, XR6 N/A kinda really was a disapointment. Its very basic, smelt very much as a fleet special. I kind of had dreams of it being a hard core N/A six with a bit of fire in its belly and felt special. Certainly didn't feel or drive that special.

I suppose the real story is the 8.1 XR6 time is from a Auto and the 7.23 is from a 5 speeder..

Easy to explain..

Did a 0 to 100 dash with my Gtech the other night (no NOS) Didn't get the best of starts but still gave it to it and came back with a 7.24sec. Not bad but far from good. Still think I could get a 7 flat or maybe a high 6 with another go at it.

Glad I got the T5 now because I thought Motor would have used a auto for the XT test. As for the gearing,

The XT has a taller diff ratio, 3.23 vs. 3.45 for the XR6.

thanks XtRmn8, just how much could diff ratio play a part? Why would Ford dress up a slower vehicle to look like a XR? We need some help on the answer to this from a pro maybe Spiro could enlighten us all.

If it is just a matter of weight the spare wheels coming out tonight. :spoton: