Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m

I had my cntr muffler replaced some time ago now, from an exhaust shop in Windsor I have notice since then occasionally over some speed humps it scrapes (my car isn't lowered) I decided to throw my car up on the hoist today and noticed that there is no exhaust bracket between the turbo to the exhaust bracket right near the diff which explains y it bellys a little in the middle of the car. Is there supposed to be an exhaust bracket in the middle somewhere aswell just seems like alot of weight on 2 points?? Thanx in advance for any replies..

• 1 month later...
  • EVIL T
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

hey guys,

yesterday I decided to mod the centre muffler on my ba xr6 turbo, instead of removing it, I thought I would cut it open, run straight pipes thru it and weld it back up,

anyway, once I cut the top of the muffler I was "shocked" and disappointed, the muffler is already straight thru, with the only restriction being the perforated pipes are a little smaller in dia then the rest of the exhuast.

imo theres no way the centre muffler is much of a restriction, expecially when compared to a cat.

it did make it sound better, but with out improving flow (well bugger all), its pretty pointless, iam picking up a stock centre section tomorrow :(

anyone know if the rear muffler is straight through or baffled?

yes they are both straight through

I bought a second hand STD exhaust off another member. with 2 x 2.5" straight through center muffler, and 2.5" hot dogs at the rear, sounds awsome!

chopping out a muffler is all about noise on our cars, not performance as they are already straight through...

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 20d

Hey I just got mine done on an 06 BF 6sp Auto. Sounds great, much better than I expected! But one thing, the shop I went to get it done at, the guy that was doing the work for me seemed pretty rude to me about the whole thing, even making a point to me that its the cheapest thing I could have done to my car, like its some big bad thing I did. Basically treated me like crap, so I'm never going back there again!

Anybody else had similar experiences?

• Member For: 14y 2m 25d

+ 1 for centre muffler removal

had mine out for about 7 months now and I dont regret it, sometimes on start up its a bit loud but apart from that it really just lets you hear the exaust a bit more rather than just the engine.. nice note at about 3500 sounds good right to the end :P

• Member For: 14y 2m 25d

+ 1 for centre muffler removal

had mine out for about 7 months now and I dont regret it, sometimes on start up its a bit loud but apart from that it really just lets you hear the exaust a bit more rather than just the engine.. nice note at about 3500 sounds good right to the end :P

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 25d

Just got my rear muffler removed and it's not really that much louder, noticeable but not much. Would a bigger tip make a difference or just more drone?

Edited by Dillz

• 1 month later...