Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• EVIL T
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

I just got mine done on saturday...

twin 2.5" with hotdogs, sounds good! no drone, plenty of burble, can barely hear it from inside the cabin when cruising... the spool up noise is heaps louder than the exhaust from inside the car...it has a nice tone, not just the extra volume...

I went 2.5" as it gives me the option to keep it if I decide to upgrade the rest of the system...

people say that their fuel consumption has gone up, I think its because you cant help but stay on the throttle a bit longer to hear the music! haha

• EVIL T
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d
I found mine VERY LOUD and lumpy when starting from cold and once warmed up it sounded like a tractor unless you were giving it heaps then it sounded great. Dunno why it sounds different though.

its louder because its idling an extra 400 rpm quicker at start up, as the idle speed slows down as the engine warms up, the volume drops too... a warmer engine also idles a bit more consistantly...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • disgruntled member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

go see teddy at fast fit in cranbounre mate, got mine done there for $130, got flanges welded on and all

:thumbsup:

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d

had my centre muffler removed yesterday and reckon it sounds magical, took 30 mins cost 80 bucks, money well spent, feels like it revs cleaner and faster, maybe slightly more push, big thing I noticed was fuel consumption has gone down since box been removed, now getting 12.3 per 100 k's, laughin..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 1m 27d

I remeber someone or some people on this forum, saying that..

With this centre muffler removed, if you changed the CAT and still had the stock system, MINUS the centre muffler... it makes the exhaust note sound realy hollow and BAD..

I cant seem to find this post.. can someone please confirm this. AS I Intend to get a hiflow cat on before my tune..

would having a tune make the ehxuast note better if the CAT was changed from stock..

??

• Member For: 15y 4m 8d

Mine has the center muffler removed and has a 100 cell cat in it and it sounds terrible.

Was just at the Exhaust shop this morning seeing about getting some hot dogs put in

so im not embarrassed to start it in front of people.

It sounds a bit better once its warmed up but still not a nice note that I want.