Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d

PSIFRK - there would be little point in going for 2.5" as the rest of the system would remain the limiting factor at 2.25".

duano - I got mine done at City Custom (or is that Custom City?!) Exhaust in Braddon. Can't remember what I paid, and I got the twin hot dog option, but the guys there are very good and I don't recall feeling I was overcharged.

• Member For: 17y 9m 13d
PSIFRK - there would be little point in going for 2.5" as the rest of the system would remain the limiting factor at 2.25".

duano - I got mine done at City Custom (or is that Custom City?!) Exhaust in Braddon. Can't remember what I paid, and I got the twin hot dog option, but the guys there are very good and I don't recall feeling I was overcharged.

yeah that's what I thought. 1 place even said go 3" lol I don't see point in that casue it has to go back into the standard pipe

• Member For: 17y 2m

Yeah I went there and got a quote they said $200 the first time then I asked someone else a second time and they said $250.

Heaps of dudes on here are saying they all got it done cheaper elsewhere (other states)???

Edited by duano2

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

I've found that alot of exhaust places can be selective with the jobs that they want to do, ie, the centre muffler job isn't an amazing or tricky thing to do, they also don't stand to make much from it, so if they are busy, they may over quote just to get rid of a customer or make some easy money, I'm not generalising to exhaust shops either, lots of places do it, its like a customer asking me to sell them a car at a loss, why would I do it? everyone is in business to make money from other ppl, we do favours, but sometimes ppl get fed up with their job and turn nasty...

• Member For: 17y 9m 13d

I just got my middle muffler removed and also put twin 3" dump tips on the back. I love the sound no drone at all and sounds real tough. cost me $100 for the straight through pipes and $120 for twin s/s dump tips all done at Glenroy exhaust

• Member For: 17y 8m 12d

I just had my centre muffler removed and replaced with twin pipes on wed. And a absolutely LOVE IT!! Love the burble sound it makes and its still nice a quiet at cruising speeds. Got it done at Exhaust Technology in Adelaide. I had my last exhaust done by them on my XF Turbo and the quality is second to none! Recommend them to anyone! They actually did the article for ZOOM magazine about the centre muffler removal and dB testing. Cost me $220.

Cannot remove the smile off my face :spoton:

• 3 weeks later...