Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d
That would be close to overboost territory???

??

With the additional flow you get from a free flowing exhaust, the turbo will be able to produce more boost and earlier. With the standard computer settings, the software will trigger an overboost fault at a predetermined boost level. This will cause the car to go into limp mode, and register a fault code.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 10m 7d

I'll be doing the centre muff removal next week when Youngy gets back and I get it off him.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Just hope it doesn't drone with my 4" 'ultra cat' installed.

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d

I had centre muffler replaced with hotdogs, but since then had rear muffler replaced by twin 2.5" pipes (no muffler) and it sounded awesome but was a bit too loud for me to live with every day, so I got two straight through mufflers on the back into quad 3.5" tips and now all is good.

Even when I had no mufflers on the back my boost never seem to change on the guage, yet it felt like it went a lot harder, but that may have just been the extra sound it was producing. Idleing at the lights sounded very tough, :spoton: but I dont think it would have been too long before the boys in blue caught up with me. :msm:

Clarke

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3d
I had centre muffler replaced with hotdogs, but since then had rear muffler replaced by twin 2.5" pipes (no muffler) and it sounded awesome but was a bit too loud for me to live with every day, so I got two straight through mufflers on the back into quad 3.5" tips and now all is good.

Even when I had no mufflers on the back my boost never seem to change on the guage, yet it felt like it went a lot harder, but that may have just been the extra sound it was producing. Idleing at the lights sounded very tough, :tease:  but I dont think it would have been too long before the boys in blue caught up with me. :idunno:

Clarke

Yeah I have had no problems at all...if anything it goes alot harder than it ever has...low down its awesome... I guess ill see how awesome it really is/isnt on saturday at FIST... :crybaby:

All I have is K&N, exhaust, typhoon cai, and thermostat and I have kept up/slightly pulled away from a edited T on the highway from 70-120km/hr...the T in question has had a few issues but I was still pretty impressed....

Dave

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

Even when I had no mufflers on the back my boost never seem to change on the guage, yet it felt like it went a lot harder, but that may have just been the extra sound it was producing. Idleing at the lights sounded very tough, :fool:  but I dont think it would have been too long before the boys in blue caught up with me. :laughing:

Clarke

If it was wog tuned with the exhaust you would not have any problems.........however id expect a std T to overboost with your exhaust?