Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 28d

It is trying to compensate for loss of backpressure and turbo spooling up quicker. It will only ever compensate so far, until you get it custom tuned again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d

hey guys. just wanted to know how to remove the center muffler and what kind of differences to expect. spoke to a guy at autobarn, said that it doesn't give much power, but sounds more gruntier.

thanks

• MASSIVE MEMBER
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d

You need to have pipes or hotdogs welded back into its place, and the guy is right it just sounds better.

I would say use the search but it kinda sucks

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 28d
I think BCL posted pics etc ages ago. I think it might be in a common thread?

hey buddy, hows that dirty black car going haha..

im getting my tyres rotated/balanced/aligned/hand relieved etc on saturday at my mates ian diffen shop - hes finally pulled his finger out and got a new exhaust guy whose going to pull out my centre muffler while its on the hoist if theres time so il let ya know the $$$ damage if you still wanna get yours done..

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d
I think BCL posted pics etc ages ago. I think it might be in a common thread?

hey buddy, hows that dirty black car going haha..

im getting my tyres rotated/balanced/aligned/hand relieved etc on saturday at my mates ian diffen shop - hes finally pulled his finger out and got a new exhaust guy whose going to pull out my centre muffler while its on the hoist if theres time so il let ya know the $$$ damage if you still wanna get yours done..

I wont be getting mine done for a while!!! Have a dent getting repaired today, and then I hope to put a BF GT front on in the next few months.

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3d

I had the centre muffler removed and it sounded pretty crap.....so I had the rear muffler changed with a high flow one and had twin 2/12" from where the centre muffler was into twin 3" tips and it sound siiiiiiiikkk...

dont waste your time with centre muff removal or hotdogs go a twin 2 1/2" from centre muffler including removal of it then get a high flow 2 1/2" muffler and you wont be sorry...

twin 3" stainless tips look tops too!!

Dave