Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
Does anyone know of a place to get the centre muffler removed in the Sydney area and how much it costs, I have heard anything from $75 to $500!!

he mate... I now this aint sydeney but call exotic exhausts in brisbane (sumner park)... they do a mandrel bent centre muffler replacement, with 2 hot dogs and flanges (so its bolt in bolt out) for around $275 fitted.... they have made them for forum members in perth, tasmania and other places and freighted to them.... it sounds awesome and is top quality work.... it will be hard to find equivalent for that sort of money.... most charge $350 or more and then fitting on top.

just a thought mate :laughing:

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 4m

Carline Mufflers will do them for $100 with S/S straight through pipes as theres no need to run hotdogs,Just ask for johnny and mention my name

CYA JEFF :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m
Is there any advantage to running hot dogs against running straight pipe?

I haven't been in a T running the straight pipe only but I imagine there could be a slight droning at highway speeds. I've got the 2 hot dogs as a centre muffler replacement and I give it the thumbs up :slap:

• Member For: 18y 7m 16d
Carline Mufflers will do them for $100 with S/S straight through pipes as theres no need to run hotdogs,Just ask for johnny and mention my name

CYA JEFF :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Jeff

Which Carline mufflers is this? I rang one in Castle Hill and he did't understand what I meant.

Thanks again Tom

• Yes I am too tall for my hair
  • Member For: 20y 21d
Is there any advantage to running hot dogs against running straight pipe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't been in a T running the straight pipe only but I imagine there could be a slight droning at highway speeds. I've got the 2 hot dogs as a centre muffler replacement and I give it the thumbs up :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only the thumbs up :omg:

I still remember that day, The smile on your face was priceless :spoton:

A lot like mine was when you got out from the race car :omg:

:slap:

:sofa:

Go on dare me

• Member For: 18y 7m 16d

Just had mine done by Midas in Parramatta, As I could not get to Mortdale Carline as suggested, they did a straight through pipes for me for $100. No annoying Droning on the freeway which is a major bonus and a nice angry growl.

But on the negative I have a unichip installed and a K & N airfilter as my other mods and the car felt really sluggish initially after the muffler was removed but the more I drove it the better it seemed to get but still not as good as before, It seems like the removal of this centre muffler has caused confusion to the unichip and or the factory CPU.