Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Member For: 17y 1m 8d

I had a custom tune, got the centre muffler made up with straight pipes, took it back to my tuner just to be safe and it was running leaner, so it did need a retune.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d

Got my center muffler removed from my fg xr6t.. Boy is that thing heavy!!!! They replaced it with a 3" pipe but needed a slight bend and put a flange on it....

sounds great, has the burble of a v8 lol no drone. even the exhaust guys were impressed... I think it defiantly needs a tune though, feels a lil flat low down... but its all good because my car is booked in at c&v Friday :)

• Member For: 15y 11m 14d

why is my exhaust so loud when it is cold , got the centre muffler removed sounds like a tractor but when it has warmed up its not too bad , its so horrible im looking for a new rear muffler (sporty)

• Member For: 17y 7m 11d

I found mine VERY LOUD and lumpy when starting from cold and once warmed up it sounded like a tractor unless you were giving it heaps then it sounded great. Dunno why it sounds different though.

• Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Hey guys,

I just got quoted $200 to make up the straight pipe section to replace the centre muffler. This is with two new flanges so I can return it back to stock if needed. Does this sound reasonable??

• Member For: 15y 8m 23d
Hey guys,

I just got quoted $200 to make up the straight pipe section to replace the centre muffler. This is with two new flanges so I can return it back to stock if needed. Does this sound reasonable??

yea it is mate. the flanges are not cheap plus theres the bends so its a fare price

• Member For: 16y 4m 26d

The place I got the quote from is renown for being overprice that's why I thought I should ask. Another guy tried to tell me it was a real hard job and would be over $300....but then again he was trying to tell me it would increase power and the cat wasn't the restriction, so as you can imagine I left quickly after that