Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d
No drone for me & no power loss either but I certainly didnt gain any power.

Yeah no drone here and no power loss. If there was any gains they were very minimal.

Looking for more noise now though lol... The shine has worn off. :idunno:

Thinking of replacing the back muff with something a little more free flowing.

The thing is HUGE!

Is it as simple as cutting off the muffler and getting a new one put on? Or do I need a cat back system, pipes included?

I'm craving a slightly more rude note.

Edited by Ghosti

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

G'day to all,

Well after 49 pages I decided to get the center muffler removed. I have to say I am not disappointed at all. It sounds great!! Got it done at Daalder exhaust at Dandenong whome were awesome.

However, this is a big thank you to the bloke with the XR8 that I was speaking to in the waiting room. I loved your enthusiasm about cars and in particular Falcons. It wasn't 'till after you left (XR8 sounded great by the way) that I found out that you donated your exhaust flanges to me, so the guys at Daalder did not have to cut my muffler up. So if I ever need to put the muffler back on I can just remove some bolts.

Once again, thanks. I know it's was nothing big. But it made my day.

Cheers.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d

Daalder in Dandy told me they wouldnt do it cause they were a licensed EPA tester... Go figure. Plasmid2, I forgot that you got yours at the Dandy Daalder, otherwise I would have brought it up..

Good new I PASSED, with a standard exhaust I would have been pissed if I didnt LOL

• Member For: 16y 4m 13d

So it won't pass an EPA test? Is this correct? The guys at Daalder didn't say anything!

It's loud but not rudely loud. My neighbour has a worked up green volkswagon beetle that is louder! Infact with the windows down it really is not that very loud.

Very strange!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d

He said he wouldnt do it cause they are a licensed EPA tester.. Didnt say anything about it passing or not.. He was keen on sellin me a whole system though, so maybe that's why?? Buggered if I know..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spinifex
  • Guests

I was going to go with the centre muffler replaced with hot dogs and a hi flow cat, but I`ve decided to just remove the centre muffler, the rear muffler and everything else from the turbo to the rear bumper and just get custom stainless 3.5 dump with separate waste gate pipe hi flow cat and 3.5 inch single system.

Bugger it... It`s what we`ll all end up doing anyway if we are at all serious about mods.

I`m with you all on trying to save a dollar, but it`s a false economy in the long run in this case, I beleive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

I would have thought the centre muffler would be the restrictor. Isnt it the 1st place in the line that reduces in size ?

Just had my centre muffler removed and replaced with hotdogs today.

-Matt.