Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Member For: 19y 7m 23d
I just fitted my factory centre section back in, and will compare on what exactly is to be gained when I remove it next week...

Without any fudge!!!

Well, your beasty is hardly standard :) - Im sure there would be gains for those who have a 'few' more mods than the general joe blo..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 2d

I just had it done to mine due to it being strangle up top and I can say it feels heaps better now... sounds gay though :shocked:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 2d

Dude, the metal cat is a replacment for the crap standard cat... hotdogs are a replacement for the muffle IF you find it too loud inside the car without a muffler

• Member For: 19y 6m 28d
Just thought I'd post an update to my previous post on how loud the system is. I was told by a couple of people that the hot dogs would get quieter after time, and to be honest I was a little skeptical about that.  :blink:

However, quieten down it certainly has. It is now noticeably quieter than when I first got this mod done and is down to a level that I am perfectly comfortable with. Still a little noisier on cold start, but nothing like it used to be, a little noticeable under light throttle applications, but still retains a nice bark during more spirited driving.  :bum:

I can now understand why those that have done the hot dog (vs straight through) mod may think it's too quiet, but for me it's just about perfect. Nice and rorty when needed and not too attention grabbing for general city driving.  :spoton:

Gees Buggers - about time you did this! You have been talking about it for ages!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d

jus did this mod 2 my ute...sounds great...did it straight thru n doesnt drone much at all... :blink: this is my first mod...hoping 2 b more. but it sounds tough now and breaks traction halfway thru 1st and in2 2nd now.never did that b4 on the same road. :msm: lol...its auto....and tyres arent that far off new ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
Gees Buggers - about time you did this!  You have been talking about it for ages!

Yeah, yeah, I know! :msm: It's all a matter of timing and when I can get the car to a workshop without arousing too much suspiscion! :msm:

Don't ask me how, but I've managed to book the car into CV for one of their tunes - with the full knowledge of SWMBO!! :w00t2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 8d

hey guys I had people say yes and no about drone and power gain, how bout this everyone that HAS removed the centre muffler with straight pipes please say if you a a drone/power gain or not who ever has taken out the centre muffler and has replaced it with hotdogs gained power and in about 1/2 weeks we'll add up the yes's and no's.

just say something like:

I have replaced mufller without hotdogs no drone and power gain OR

I have replaced muffler without hotdogs it has a drone and power gain etc

I have posted this topic because I cant get a answer a answer one person say that his cusins car gos mad and it drone another is ooo its not louder but goes better but I want to no what the people have to say that have done it thanks people

• Member For: 21y 2m 16d

I can honestly tell you, from someone who is very fussy about drone that my system does not drone at all. Replaced with hotdogs. May have got more power but not really noticable, It more for the sound.