Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 4m
anyone know of any exhaust shops in sydney? im looking to do centre muffler and high flow cat soon

Speak to your workshop they have an excellent exhaust fitter now :w00t2:

• Member For: 17y 11m 10d

There was a performance ford mag a while ago called "The forced induction handbook" It was a compilation of small articles that were published in many high performance imports magazine. They bought a series one ba xr6t ute and modified it, this was before the tune flash tuners were around so a piggy back system was used, and various mods were done. They removed the centre muffler and replace with a straight thhrough piece of pipe, with a gain of approx 10-15kw as previously stated, and when tested still came under the the max legal db reading so there is no reason not do this mod, its cheap, effective and according to the magazine legal.

• Member For: 19y 7m 23d
There was a performance ford mag a while ago called "The forced induction handbook" It was a compilation of small articles that were published in many high performance imports magazine. They bought a series one ba xr6t ute and modified it, this was before the tune flash tuners were around so a piggy back system was used, and various mods were done. They removed the centre muffler and replace with a straight thhrough piece of pipe, with a gain of approx 10-15kw as previously stated, and when tested still came under the the max legal db reading so there is no reason not do this mod, its cheap, effective and according to the magazine legal.

Replacing a middle muffler with straight through is illegal.

You must replace it with either another middle muffler or hotdogs.

As for 10 - 15kw.. tell him hes dreaming.. Anyone can fudge a dyno to make a mod look good.

• Member For: 18y 7m 28d

I am about to remove centre muffler and replace with straight pipes I have heard a lot of feedbak from the t but what about the na would it sound any good. anyone even done it on a na? if someone has put up a clip because I wanna hear the note thanxx

If you go and do it make sure you post the pic's and results here, its mods like this that'll help alot of people. Good luck and I'll ask around for you. If you can try a dyno and post the print outs.

Team N/A needs this kind of thinking, cos if we don't do it, no ones doing it for us.

NOSXR :spoton:

Edited by NOS XR

• Member For: 19y 7m 23d
If you go and do it make sure you post the pic's and results here, its mods like this that'll help alot of people. Good luck and I'll ask around for you. If you can try a dyno and post the print outs.

Team N/A needs this kind of thinking, cos if we don't do it, no ones doing it for us.

Whose gonna fork out an extra $60 for a dyno run on a a $200 mod?

Your gains will be minimal, if any at all.

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m

There will be no gain in power.

Ian

• Member For: 18y 16d

ive replaced the centre muffler with a resonator on my n/a auto - it cost $80 at a local exhaust centre...and as was previously mentioned the gains are non existant and the tone is minimal.

however I'm now booked in for a full system at redcliffe dyno on thursday, should definately see some gains from this.

• Member For: 19y 4m 9d

From what I delieve to be true you have to replace the exhaust manifold and cat then replace the or subistute the exhaust.

The gain is in the way the exhaust gas leaves the motor thus the closer to the motor the change the more bennifit is to been seen.

There will be no gain in power.

Ian

Cool mate, why but???

I hope this new area is a place to come to get some answers and your input Ian is cool but more info is needed as your answer may stop some one from giving somthing a go.

Ian, do you know some one who's tried this mod, please let us know?

Ive forked out more money for dyno runs over cheaper mods, and found nothing.

The point is "know your vehicle" this is every thing when your huning for power.

Use the same dyno if you can and do before and afters runs. that's how Intune Motor Sport do their bussiness and customers keep going back to John.

These smaller mods are the ones that get you over the line in a dyno shoot out or get you into the 14-second zone after running 15's flat.

Go the small mods, some are cheap and some will be very worth while. :blush:

Edited by NOS XR