Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 4d

I'm a little confused here. I understand you replace the centre muff with twin dogs. Do you still keep the rear muff? Or is it straight through from the dogs?

Bain has a video of both inside and outside the car with twin hotdogs.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...pic=29362&st=18

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
I'm a little confused here. I understand you replace the centre muff with twin dogs. Do you still keep the rear muff? Or is it straight through from the dogs?

You most definitely keep the rear muffler. You can replace the centre section with either straight through pipes or twin hot dogs. Some people have reported droning when using straight through pipes, but many others have been happy with the end result.

• Member For: 19y 7m 23d

You most definitely keep the rear muffler. You can replace the centre section with either straight through pipes or twin hot dogs. Some people have reported droning when using straight through pipes, but many others have been happy with the end result.

Straight through there is a definite drone. Get some hotdogs.. Certainly worth it if you do road trips quite often and only want to hear a nice bark when accelerating.

• Donating Members

Thanks guys. Not so much road trips but we head up to Melbourne to see the family once every couple of weeks. Some 260km round trips on the highway.

I've just sold my xbox 360 for $800 so this will go towards a major service and exhaust :nono:

Thanks guys. Not so much road trips but we head up to Melbourne to see the family once every couple of weeks. Some 260km round trips on the highway.

I've just sold my xbox 360 for $800 so this will go towards a major service and exhaust :spoton:

Well if you have kids or friends in the back they are sure to get themselves a nice headache over 260km's :)

Its alot worse sitting in the back than in the front. - Maybe im just fussy though. - Go the hotdogs.

Edited by Bain

• Donating Members

I've just sold my xbox 360 for $800 so this will go towards a major service and exhaust :blink:

Well if you have kids or friends in the back they are sure to get themselves a nice headache over 260km's :)

Its alot worse sitting in the back than in the front. - Maybe im just fussy though. - Go the hotdogs.

So the hotdogs have the drone in the rear or the straight through system?

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 14d

I'd assume the straight pipes would drone, and the hotdogs would help to eliminate some of the drone as it would quieten the system down a bit.

Drone is easily overcome by loud music though, so just get a straight through pipe and crank some tunes up loud for the 260km trip! :blink:

I'd assume the straight pipes would drone, and the hotdogs would help to eliminate some of the drone as it would quieten the system down a bit.

Drone is easily overcome by loud music though, so just get a straight through pipe and crank some tunes up loud for the 260km trip!  :w00t2:

If you want to listen to music then why get your middle muffler removed and replaced?

Hotdogs - fine

Straight through - drone