Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3d

I had the centre muff removed and twin 2 1/2 put thru to a high flow rear muff and into twin stainless 3" pipes.

Sounds good and no drone here :laughing: much better than just removing the centre muff. shounds :fool::spoton: with just muff removed. had it done first for a few weeks.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
I had the centre muff removed and twin 2 1/2 put thru to a high flow rear muff and into twin stainless 3" pipes.

Sounds good and no drone here  :laughing:  much better than just removing the centre muff. shounds  :pooh:  :fool:  with just muff removed. had it done first for a few weeks.

you sure???.... mine sounds fricken great :spoton: had compliments on the street from Expensive Daewoo drivers and at forum meets by other members :fool:

• Member For: 19y 4m 2d

I was once toldby a person that he had witnessed some minor kw loss when the muffler was removed. However, placing hot dogs will minimise this loss, or negate it.

I've had mine done and I got no probs at all :laughing:

it really does sound so much better. I took a standard T for a drive and couldn't hear the exhaust at all. even the people I took the car to show commented on how much louder mine was.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d

Ok ppl this info is great now all I need are prices and a location in melb to get it done...

Oh and URSLOW do u have any pics??

thx MiKa

Edited by MiKa

• Donating Members

Sounds good and no drone here  :laughing:  much better than just removing the centre muff. shounds  :pooh:  :fool:  with just muff removed. had it done first for a few weeks.

you sure???.... mine sounds fricken great :spoton: had compliments on the street from Expensive Daewoo drivers and at forum meets by other members :fool:

Depends on what else u got done man... stocko and just muff removal...nah

Will sound diff to a car with filter dump cat 15 pounds etc

• Donating Members
Ok ppl this info is great now all I need are prices and a location in melb to get it done...

Oh and URSLOW do u have any pics??

thx MiKa

There ya go...pretty sh*te pics and only of tips but u get the idea

Exhaust%202.JPG

Exhaust%203.JPG

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 5d

We all know that the major restriction in a stock Zorst is the cat, however taking out the centre muffler will to some extent free up flow. It has to or you would not get ,ore sound.

How this effects tune and ecu is way beyond me, but why would I be getting some much feedback telling me not to do it?

Scotty

PS Shock that replacement bit looks great, and I would dearly love to do the same. Are you able to tell us wher that company is?

Edited by Kimberley Scott

• Donating Members
We all know that the major restriction in a stock Zorst is the cat, however taking out the centre muffler will to some extent free up flow. It has to or you would not get ,ore sound.

How this effects tune and ecu is way beyond me, but why would I be getting some much feedback telling me not to do it?

Scotty

PS Shock that replacement bit looks great, and I would dearly love to do the same. Are you able to tell us wher that company is?

I had a typhoon cold air and current zorst I got now and filter and had 192rwkw. boost was straight as they come also....some people say u can overboost with a zorst like mine but I had not one issue. (AUTO BTW)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d

If your asking me... its from exotic exhausts at sumner park... cost $275 if I remeber correctly... madrel bent with flanges :spoton:

If you want to do more then the centre muff, may as well get a whole exhaust :msm: