Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d
try resetting the computer (undo battery terminals for a few mins..)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a point of interest, what happens if you do this whilst having an Edit map installed, do you need to revert back to stock map first?

Clarke

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d

I have a similar problem to this.. though I have not been Edited yet.. Mine happens when the car in is neutral/park. Give it a boot and it hits 3000-3500 and hesitates like a cough/splutter for about a second, then continues revving upto 5k. :laughing:

I've added it to the list of things to be looked at my 45k service in a few weeks...

Kaine

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d
I have a similar problem to this.. though I have not been Edited yet..  Mine happens when the car in is neutral/park. Give it a boot and it hits 3000-3500 and hesitates like a cough/splutter for about a second, then continues revving upto 5k. :laughing:

I've added it to the list of things to be looked at my 45k service in a few weeks...

Kaine

I thought the stock program had a setting preventing free revving beyond 3000 to 3500 RPM??

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
I thought the stock program had a setting preventing free revving beyond 3000 to 3500 RPM??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that would explain a whole lot!! Cheers

Kaine

• Member For: 19y 4m 11d
Just removed ctr muff with 1 from Exotic Exhaust including hotdogs (Great job, Fit buitifully, Sounds AWSUME).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know which hotdog they used? Do you have one pipe in and one out? - or 2? My F6 has 2 in and 2 out so I guess I would need 2 hotdogs(?) to replace centre muffler...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d
Just removed ctr muff with 1 from Exotic Exhaust including hotdogs (Great job, Fit buitifully, Sounds AWSUME).

Do you know which hotdog they used? Do you have one pipe in and one out? - or 2? My F6 has 2 in and 2 out so I guess I would need 2 hotdogs(?) to replace centre muffler...

The Exotic Exhaust unit is twin in twin out with 2 hot dogs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 10d

I currently have the centre muffler removed with straight pipes.I have recently been edited new injectors,valve springs,I/C and smb dump/cat.

I would like to tone the noise down a bit.If I put hotdogs on will this affect my custom tune?