Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m

the centre muffler is classified as a crumple zone because the exhaust will go into the muffler. If it is then taken out it bends the exhaust and cracks the dump pipe like what happened with mine... (may not happen to all though)

Yea no complaints with what I got!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

I found with my rear muffler removal that most of the sound is below 2500 revs. At WOT its all intake and turbo spook.

Not sure if using a hotdog would be any different but I'd imagine its the same just quieter

Edited by Bellato

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

I found with my rear muffler removal that most of the sound is below 2500 revs. At WOT its all intake and turbo spook.

Not sure if using a hotdog would be any different but I'd imagine its the same just quieter

Cheers mate, so once I buy the streetfighter air box and then give her a tune with the cat and injectors you think under WOT it should sound a heap better than it does now? We have to organize a meet so I can hear all the ACT boys cars. My mate had a BF turbo and his sounded great at WOT with 275RWKW, nice pshhh on changes but not over the top and great induction sound. I have no idea what he had done though haha

Biggest thing is, its the MRS car and I don't want the car to be loud when she drives it, otherwise she will whinge and then all modding plans come to a halt

Edited by fordomatic1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

Haha yea mate well I might try get out with mcinnes on thursday night but no plans as of yet, I'll post in ACT thread if we go.

See in my car I have cut open airbox, K n N filter and rear muffler delete for straight pipe on stock tune

Mcinnes has Plaz turbo side intake, 3.5" turbo back di filippo exhaust and 320rwkw.

at idle mines louder, pick up to 2000rpm mines still louder in the exhaust while his is sucking quite a bit and at WOT you an just hear a bit on induction and turbo spool but his is really loud spool and induction (sounds awesome)

I think for what you're after power wise just cut the intake open at the bottom and a put a K n N, then just do the cat and delete rear muffler and replace with a hotdog. I think the straight pipe would be too loud if your mrs is gonna complain and you'll pick up a little bit of sound from the cat