Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 15d

Hi guys,

I have asked this quastion in another thread, but no responses so far...

Will the BA/BF centre muffler section bolt straight up as a replacement for the FG cenre section?

Cheers, Jake.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

You guys are getting a good price. Went to aaa exhaust I'm mackay and they want $158 to remove the center muffler, $300 for a 100cpsi cat

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 1m 25d

Alright, so I bit the bullet and got it done (FG G6ET). Couldn't fully make up my mind whether to get it done or not due to bugger all youtube clips etc. Going through all the posts, it is about 50/50 people like it or not.

So I went to the legends at AAA Exhausts, and they did it for me. The owner Jim said he thought it was a little louder than expected and that he should have done the rear muffler, but for me to drive it around for a week then give him a call back next week to see if I want to swap it.

Now the sound. I turn the key, and wow, what a sound. Fellas, forget youtube clips! It distorts the sound to buggery. Yes, when the engine is cold it is louder, but sounds nothing like a tractor.

Now in the cabin (driving sensibly), in D (ZF here boys) the sound is a shocker around town, for obvious reasons, low revs yuck. Flick it to P, and wow I can hear the auto change up and down, and because it holds gears longer it sounds pretty good. But lads, flick that little lever again and this is when the everyday family sedan wakes up. HELLO CRACKLES! Re-frame myself. Driving relatively sporty (not hooning) the sound through the revs is good! Come on boost, and the revs rise, the sound is ever so sweet. Now that I have driven about reviewing that, time to find some back streets. Give that little pedal a bit more force and boom. It can get quite loud haha. It either sounds roughly stock, then pedal down and it is pretty loud. I wouldn't say "too loud" and neither does my girlfriend, who hates noisy exhausts. BINGO.

So that is my review thus far. I will take her out again later, to some back roads to let her scream, the car that is fellas. Get it up to 80-100kmph and see what I think then.

Cheers Kink.

• Like 1

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 4d

All the ones I've heard sound like tractors on real low throttle. Good once you give it a bit though, maybe a hotdog will fix that.