Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 10m 6d

FordFreak, of course centre removed won't affect warranty? Nothing to do with engine/suspension/chassis or could cause problems...

Why are you still wondering about it? Just do it, and get on with life like thousands of other T owners have with (mostly) great results!!! :beerchug:

Edited by CBXRT

• Member For: 13y 3m 22d

I'm having a middle section with flanges made up on Monday to replace muffler for $120.

Edit: through small and locally owned exhaust shop after Ace basically said they couldn't be f*cked with a small job and they only do full systems there, not alterations. Been there twice now and got attitude from them both times!

Edited by F6 Gill

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 4d

ahh k, im not wondering, just clearing the warranty issue up. cheers

im getting it done after next weekend, cause shes getting serviced on the 16th.

I wonder how they do the utes muffler removal.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

So what do you actually get done? Remove the twin pipe section and the center muffler and replace it with 3 inch pipe? Sounds like a nice cheap mod

• Member For: 13y 8m 11d

Is that a kid in the car I hear? While your filming the dash and giving it stick?

He's probably drinking a beer and eating a hot-dog too :stirthepot:

• Member For: 13y 10m 4d

More sound from exhaust helps with manual box driving. It's relevant to the subject and not totally off topic like a lot of other threads....

I always found 'sound' a lot less required in a manual than an auto. You could feel the revs through the stick, so you knew when to shift.

Also I think you mentioned something about heel and toe in a manual. You can actually 'manually' rev match on downshift with a ZF. You just need to time your throttle blip right. There's some other things you may not be able to do with it, but then again, there's things in a manual you can't do in an auto.

Back on topic, thanks to posters on here, I don't think I'll get my centre muffler removed on my bf2.

Edited by dbXR60

• Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Calling up workshops today but everyone freaks out and tells me not to do it, they obviously haven't done one before and quote around 130-250 (lol)

Apart from dandy exhausts (they are always booked out when I'm free) where else in melb is familiar with this process and could possibly bash out the cat while I'm there?

Anywhere in melb is fine east or west cheers