Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 17d

Lol I can hear "the revs" in my sisters corolla, means didley...

blah blah Aussie auto driver bullsh*t ! Hearing revs means sh*t loads. you can hear how the motor is going and when it needs/wants a gear changed. dipping the revs(heal and toe, look it up !) while braking to drop a gear and slipping it into lower gear and keep smooth drive into a corner. If you mismatch a 4L manual FG, the gear braking means lots more than a japanese washing machine where there is little engine braking !

I suppose an Auto driver will know better than a MAN brought up on MANuals driving MANual performance cars. :stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 15d

cops in a evo? cant run and hide from that. :surrenderwave:

Does make it hard if you're that way inclined. As the bilboard says "Nowhere to hide" Especially when they can radio the next town to get you. :innocent:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 4d

Rab what I meant is you can hear the car quite easily with the standard exhaust..

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 10m 7d

Pazzo - so because a car is old or has a (slow/loud) V8 that makes it a muscle car? Absolute rubbish IMO! Half the cars you listed are just tanks from a bygone era.....

The "muscle" part of a car comes from power/torque surely. And when Ts on here make 500rwkw (and most around 300rwkw), then I would think that's enough "muscle" for most people (compared to what 99% of the population drive).....and a T can sound bloody good too - not necessarily to match a V8, but still awesome :icon_ford:

Edited by CBXRT

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 17d

Rab what I meant is you can hear the car quite easily with the standard exhaust..

Sorry mate I disagree. Our 50th was quiet as a mouse. had to keep eye on the tacho which is the last thing I want.

Thought you would bite harder than that mate ! :fishin:

• Member For: 16y 1m 25d

Manual is old technology, just like a typewriter....Sure there are a few who think it is "cool" still bahahahahaaa.

Is there a decent replacement for the rear muffler yet? There is one on ebay, XFORCE rear, wonder what that would sound like in comparison. I ask an exhaust shop and they just bang on about full systems, etc. Nothing under $1000.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 4d

I remember Rapid saying the XForce rear muffler was crap/restrictive so maybe look elsewhere? Could be wrong though..

Sorry mate I disagree. Our 50th was quiet as a mouse. had to keep eye on the tacho which is the last thing I want.

Thought you would bite harder than that mate ! :fishin:

Yeah I can't really weigh into the argument cause personally I Love/Hate both gearbox's.