Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Member For: 14y 8m

sorry bout the sh*tty photo'sl! off my iphone n it started to rain so I was in a hurry lol

this is the section that they remove

IMG_0096.jpg

Wanna get this done, but wanna get it done so I can put it back the way it was if I dont like it. So I ask them to cut the centre out between the two flanges? that way I can bolt another one back in yeah? And I just get straight pipes welded in?

thanks

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d

I went in to the exhaust shop the other day to check them out to get mine done... they had a commy wagon up on the ramps and had a 3" pipe fitting and painted black, still had way too much movement but "she'll be right" was the order of the day !.. welding looked like chewing gum and they were yanking it down to stop it rattling.... my new car wont be going in there anytime soon... I would love to buy one off the shelf so I can fit it myself.... I have always been very particular who worked on my car and the quality they supply !. I just do not like the sh*t I saw the other day.... I want a nice tig'd stainless pipe so it looks schmick too ! not some butchered piece of sh*t(PAINTED IN MATT BLACK ) that looks like its been welded in mild steel by a 6yr old blind kid !

dont mind paying a bit more but no point in putting a 90 dollar piece of crap on a 45k car !

Edited by rab
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m

With mine they used an off the shelf replacement.. Mandrel bent and I can swap it back whenever I want.. Cost a bit, but it sounds wicked..

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d

any pics mate ? I dont mind paying that but I wanna see if its decent ! custom fitted is fine if its good ! but from what ive seen, there's varying views on whats good quality if ya know what I mean !

also, do they have them for the FG off the shelf ? I may just buy a dump pipe and leave the centre pipe alone if I can't find decent quality off the shelf !

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m

Nah no pics... I had a look at it before they fitted it and it looked good, it goes under the car out of site so it doesn't look anything special.. Dunno about FG's you'd have to call em.. The guy there has an fgT he said it's got like 350+ rw so he'd have a good idea..

For a cheap mod for a bit of sound go for it... But if your lookin for performance go the dump..