The New Edition

HellionXR6T

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 3m
I didn't hate the XR8 but I can see how people say it's "noze heavy", still felt really good, after all, IT'S A BA FALCON...lol.  It was an absolute slug off the mark but once the revs are there, WOOHOO, great car, the V8 sound, the bonnet buldge, the feeling of the BOSS, mmmm.  Yumm.  Drove the 2nd hand ute, for the sloads of $$$ I'd be saving, it was no competition.

Gearbox?  Yeah, just have to get used to it.  Shouldn't take long.

The ute - 35K Drive away, was on the lot for $37990 I think.  I was annoyed with only 4K for the Hyundai and they weren't budging but they threw in all the pre-delivery stuff, dropped the price of the ute almost 3K + onroad so how could you say no.  As I said, I wasn't planning on one so soon as I wanted to save some extra $$$ but yeah, I had to move on it, it was exactly what I wanted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No wonder I didn't recognise you - used to be NA Thunder. Look forward to seeing it at the next cruise.

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

Well scotty. No I didn't go to the 'bling' 'bling' RICE capital of SE-QLD, "The Spit" doesn't hold any interest for me and didn't feel like being targeted by patrols in the area...lol. Just did 500kms or more in it today, mapping out the next cruise with Goose and citric-acid-xr6t. Mmmm, need to get used to it 1st before considering any mods but honestly, I'm happy with it the way it is. Damn sweet though. The NA is becoming a distant memmory...lol.

Well scotty.  No I didn't go to the 'bling' 'bling' RICE capital of SE-QLD, "The Spit" doesn't hold any interest for me and didn't feel like being targeted by patrols in the area...lol.  Just did 500kms or more in it today, mapping out the next cruise with Goose and citric-acid-xr6t.  Mmmm, need to get used to it 1st before considering any mods but honestly, I'm happy with it the way it is.  Damn sweet though.  The NA is becoming a distant memmory...lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So where are we all going?

• Lifetime Members

Lookie here rednut99

Tell you one thing, man this thing is thirsty. I'm missing the NA's economy. Thank God I'm otherwise debt free (apart from the ute :jerry: ), need to be to pay for the fuel.

Maybe I need to keep the revs under 5000rpm...lol. :jerry: She hits the 10,000kms landmark just as I'm passing GOLDIE's neighbourhood tomorrow morning. Didn't take long to do 800kms did it, umm, day 3 of having it. :jerry:

Lookie here rednut99

Tell you one thing, man this thing is thirsty. I'm missing the NA's economy. Thank God I'm otherwise debt free (apart from the ute :jerry: ), need to be to pay for the fuel.

Maybe I need to keep the revs under 5000rpm...lol. :jerry: She hits the 10,000kms landmark just as I'm passing GOLDIE's neighbourhood tomorrow morning. Didn't take long to do 800kms did it, umm, day 3 of having it. :jerry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate they are fine, just stay off the boost and use the torque, skip gears when you can. When they are running efficiently you get miles and miles out of the 80L tank.

• Lifetime Members
Mate they are fine, just stay off the boost and use the torque, skip gears when you can. When they are running efficiently you get miles and miles out of the 80L tank.

Stay off the boost? Nooooooooooooooooooo............ :tease: Aww, just when I'm having sooo much fun? :spoton::pinch:

:crybaby: