Geea's New Pb

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 10m

Craig, are you planning on fitting a cage to your car because as I understand it once you run a 10sec pass or a 130mph trap speed you are required to either fit a cage or a parachute or you cant drag at that venue again.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• god bless my kids
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

sopunds greta ...what times do the guys at HPF think you would get with edit ???

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 12d
Craig, are you planning on fitting a cage to your car because as I understand it once you run a 10sec pass or a 130mph trap speed you are required to either fit a cage or a parachute or you cant drag at that venue again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that they will have a chat and ask what my intentions are with the car. If this is the case I'll tell them that I'll be running street trim and the car should only be running mid to low 11's.

sopunds greta ...what times do the guys at HPF think you would get with edit ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The car has a partial edit. It has an increased rev limit and had the torque protection removed. I haven't really talked to Rob and the team @HPF about what direction we'll take yet. When I know I'll let everyone know. :glad:

Geea. :glad:

• Member For: 20y 2d

11.03 - so painfully close, well done.

calder is not ANDRA sanctioned so you don't need to meet any ANDRA specs (cage for 10.99 or less) and you can run as fast as you want and won't be asked to leave.

Mid track ET/MPH suggests 128 - 130 top end and certainly mid to high 10. sort out a decent fuel system, ie one without a walbro pump in sight, and you'll be killing it. I'd suggest an 044 lifting to a surge tank with two 044s running the fuel up to the front, into a twin entry rail with centre discharge, to avoid leaning out at the end of the rail. A single 5/16 return is usually ok but may need to increase to 3/8 given the volume two 044s pump. ALthough not the best setup for keeping the fuel cool, return line should go back into the surge tank to ensure it stays full, then the return to fuel tank out the top of the surge.

I have experimented with all of the race fuels and find VP C16 the best, but only if you lean out the mixture .5 AFR. Anything below 12:1 on C16 and probably other C series VP fuels and you lose alot of power, the ignition seems to struggle to ignite an overly rich mixture of C16, even with a hipo CDI ignition.

Tuning recently with C16 leaning out from 11.8 AFR to 12.3 netted a jump in RWKW from 470 to 540 - not on an xr though :).

Hope this is of assistance.

KB

• Member For: 21y 1m 3d

Well done Craig, awesome times there!!!! :spoton::spoton:

I would not mind some of your RWKW for mine. It has inspired me to get off my bum and do a few more mods with the replacement of the centre muffler with straight through pipes/hot dog.

High 13s or flat 14sec here I come..............not far off yours.......hehehe :spoton::spoton::spoton:

Look forward to hearing of your results this Friday.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

hey Craig, I wanted 2 know something. do u qualify for the nizpro flasher tune (I think it was), $500 voucher for breaking the 10.98 record.. good way 2 earn petrol money for the trip home :spoton:

cheers.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 12d
hey Craig, I wanted 2 know something. do u qualify for the nizpro flasher tune (I think it was), $500 voucher for breaking the 10.98 record.. good way 2 earn petrol money for the trip home  :spoton:

cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that if I manage to beat the 10.98 that I should qualify as the car is utilising the edit. Hopefully martin can be at Calder to watch it happen and hand over the cheque. :blush:

Hey how much weight have you pulled out???

Cheers Russ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not that much. Dropped the exhaust and took out the unused seats.

If I get a good time I intend to come back in near street trim and try get a 10 with it in that state too. :spoton:

Geea. :glad:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

just saw the pics from calder off fullBOOST, are those HP-F stickers mandatory now or was it just a cool idea by rob or someone??

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 4d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!

If I could organise slicks for it I would do that too. Geea. :bowdown:

Craig, you can use mine if you want?

Mark