Heater Not Working

Buf-Phoon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 1m 14d

Must have got cold in Sydney today because for the first time in a long time I've had to use my heater... only problem, the damn thing didn't work.....

looking at some old threads, heater not working = big job (ie dash out).

Anyone experience a dud heater as of late? If so is there a simple fix (eg fuse replacement)....

I don't really need it that often, but it sh*ts me when things aren't 100%....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 7m 20d

Doguepound,

Just had this problem myself (Feb '03 XR6T auto)... turned the heater on, vents and fans all made the right noises but no hot air ensued... Took it to the dealers here in Sydney, had it for 3 days (dash out job) to replace the selector shaft mixer. Had hoped it would be a simple fix (ie fuse etc), but unfortunately not.

Seems to be popping up more regularly as a component failure this one, interesting to see who else has the problem as the cooler weather starts in and people start to turn their heaters on. Fortunately mine was fixed under an extended warranty. Always worried though when dash goes out and back in again - so far no new squeaks or rattles and looks to have been put back in with some care.

Cheers

Must have got cold in Sydney today because for the first time in a long time I've had to use my heater... only problem, the damn thing didn't work.....

looking at some old threads, heater not working = big job (ie dash out).

Anyone experience a dud heater as of late? If so is there a simple fix (eg fuse replacement)....

I don't really need it that often, but it sh*ts me when things aren't 100%....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 9m 25d
...interesting to see who else has the problem as the cooler weather starts in and people start to turn their heaters on.....

Turned my heater on the other morning. Had about an hour's drive, and I nearly freaking froze to death :crybaby:

Will have to book into a dealer. Should be a warranty job for me (thank god!).

ws

Edited by wiresquire

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d

DAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine did this very thing this week. I got on here trying to get some good news, but dam, my car is out of warranty and it will now cost me an arm and a leg to fix the bloody thing.

If anyone in Sydney finds someone who can do this job cheaper than others let me know.

Anthony

0419 044 472

• Member For: 18y 1m 14d

DAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine did this very thing this week. I got on here trying to get some good news, but dam, my car is out of warranty and it will now cost me an arm and a leg to fix the bloody thing.

It may not be all bad Zedman. I was pissed that mine wasn't working and like you I'm out of warranty, but its just fine now. I found that it wouldn't work for a day or two, then it was back to normal. I wouldn't rush out and pay for the job just yet (I'm thinking it ain't cheap dash out and all) but try it again next time your driving just in case.

Had the samething with my windscreen washers, didn't work for 2 months, the one day their all good again...

man I love fords :spoton: .

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

I have also had the same problem - started about 2 months ago and then came right after a week or so. Have had no issue until yesterday when it packed up again.

Does anybody know if it mechanical or electrical? Mines out of warranty but I reckon its a bit piss poor that a car just over 3 years old has a fault like this that appears to be cropping up all over the place!

• Member For: 17y 2m 10d

Unfortunately mine has just gone out of warranty so is this a job I can attempt myself with a workshop manual and alot of patience or is really best to leave it to the monkeys at Ford?

To be honest I dont even let them service my car anymore so I'm not sure I want them taking out my dash!

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d

I've heard the sharft that breaks has plastic ends. The one they replace it with is all metal. Um, why can't they just do that in the first place.